for those who say ALL iraqis don't want us there...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

for those who say ALL iraqis don't want us there...

I'm sure all you naysayers and shit talkers are going to have plenty to say about these images...you always do. You'll say "Oh, they are staged" or "All kids are happy when you give them stuff" or something along those lines. SAVE IT!!!

All these pictures are intended to do or prove is show that there is good coming of our actions over there. Smiling faces where there was none. Some of you make it sound like the entire population of Iraq despises our presence there and would have us gone tomorrow. Or you say that the only reason we are there is for oil or so that George Jr. can "Finish his daddy's war" (I've always loved that one). Well, ask these people if they share your sentiments.

• Marimba
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

what images?
    i can?t see them

Comment

• evangelion
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Re: for those who say ALL iraqis don't want us there...

What??? They were there last night when I started the thread.

Damn Image Station!!!!

I'm at work right now...I'll have to fix it when I get home.

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

I tried to fix it, but it looks like it's still not working. I'll fix it when I get home.

Fuck Image Station...piece of shit!!!!

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Looks to me like a few of them are working, and the others aren't. I can see the soldier holding the little girl and the first one with the lady holding two signs.

But with a little internet common sense, you can see them fine. Its called C+V. Or just click my links below. If it doesn't work, just click it again. They have a referrer grabber on there, but it doesn't work very well, and definetely not 100%

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

no work-e. :cry:
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• evangelion
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I don't get it...I can see them fine. Any clues folks?

Comment

• evangelion
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Ok, they should be there now. If not I give up.

Comment

• Yao
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Not yet....sorry dude.
                  Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• neoee
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

I can see them just fine. Nice pictures but as there are always 2 sides (or more) to every story I can't just assume that this is how all of Iraq feels. I've seen pictures and videos of quite the opposite.

I would like to believe that we are wanted there by everyone, as your pictures paint, but if we are why is anyone fighting back?
                    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• evangelion
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by neoee
                      I can see them just fine. Nice pictures but as there are always 2 sides (or more) to every story I can't just assume that this is how all of Iraq feels. I've seen pictures and videos of quite the opposite.

I would like to believe that we are wanted there by everyone, as your pictures paint, but if we are why is anyone fighting back?
                      Don't look to far into it man. The title of the thread says "those who think ALL iraqis.." Of couse there are those that don't, but some would have us believe that the entire population cannot wait for us to leave or will die to drive us out as invaders. That obvioulsly isn't true. That's my point, that's all.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by neoee

Nobody is saying ALL Iraqies want us there, that is just ignorance. However, most of the sensible population does. Why don't you show us some of these video's and pictures your referring too, and not of terrorists and other soldiers who are fighting us. I'm talking about civilians maybe holding sign's similar to these. Surely if you wish for us to see what your talking about, posting pictures in this manner to back up your statement is the only plausable action.
                        "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
                        "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
                        - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• toasty
                          Sir Toastiness
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by _evangelion_
                          Don't look to far into it man. The title of the thread says "those who think ALL iraqis.." Of couse there are those that don't, but some would have us believe that the entire population cannot wait for us to leave or will die to drive us out as invaders. That obvioulsly isn't true. That's my point, that's all.
                          With all due respect, I look at this and say, "AND?"

Of course not ALL Iraqis want us dead, dismembered and gone any more than ALL Iraqis view us as liberators, practice the same religion, like string cheese or anything else. SOME Iraqis view the situation differently than others. I don't disagree with your point, but this is not news in Iraq or anywhere else in the world.

Comment

• evangelion
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                            With all due respect, I look at this and say, "AND?"

Of course not ALL Iraqis want us dead, dismembered and gone any more than ALL Iraqis view us as liberators, practice the same religion, like string cheese or anything else. SOME Iraqis view the situation differently than others. I don't disagree with your point, but this is not news in Iraq or anywhere else in the world.
                            How did I know you would be in on this discussion before too long.

Like I said...don't look too far into it. I'm not trying to break some new news story, nor am I trying to present anyone with information they don't already know. I found some cool pictures of people showing there support for our actions there, THAT'S IT.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                              i use to be important
                              • Jun 2004

beautiful images.

if you notice one thing is in common it is children. the most pure and innocent thing in life.

"if you want to have a future, invest in children"

that can not be more true. they will be raised in two different worlds, and watch "hopefully" a beautiful Iraq grow. Or they will grow with much bitterness towards the USA due to the destruction of their country. They are the deciding factor of that country.

as I stated many times ... the time and history of that nation will prove if the efforts and blood were worth to be spilled.

anyhow, nice images to see, and nice to see a smile to come from Iraq.
                              dead, yet alive.

Comment

Working...