X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sphynx
    Getting warmed up
    • Feb 2006

Re: desyn is good

Masiello's Balance is one of the best in balance series indeed!
    In fact I think that the beggining of year 2006 was the zenith of his performance...
    My favourite one is Desyn Masiello - Live @ club home budapest - feb. 10, 2006
    and it gives me goose bumps every single time
    eversince....Desyn wasn't the same
    But I'll give him one more chance next saturday ...DISCONAUTICA

go go Masielloooooo...
    You are free to be what you want to be...

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Apparently we are getting SOS in August !!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Nabulous
        Fresh Peossy
        • Apr 2007

Desyn...to me he Is Music...well, he at the head of a select group that includes LFair, Lucas Abadi (LFair's fav dj, and i can see why, a true dj's dj), and Ricky Ryan/Can Costa. This group, to me Is Music. And Desyn is simply the best exponent of this art.

I saw him first, having only vaguely heard his name, when he opened for Digweed @ Mezzanine at SF, both of them just blew the place apart. Amazing. Perfect way to end a summer. Incidentally that summer had began with an also-as-yet-unknown Luke Fair open for Sasha @ the same spot in SF.

Here, I thought that Luke played a better, although shorter set than Sasha. These were serious words, because in early 2004, JD and Sasha were THE dj's if you loved house. But here it was, almost a passing of the leader's baton from the old Masters to the New.

I was all too aware of Desyn's slow, inevitable loss of form, motivation, frequency (all relatively speaking, of course) around 2007. He still played some really fantastic, fresh, great music, blended and made whole together as only he knows how.

I personally think that he as a solo DJ is plain better than as part of SOS. I know its great that the chums get to work/party together and they should do it if they wish, but DJ Desyn Masiello is such a masterclass that any collaboration is likely to bring the overall quality down (IMHO).

Balance 009 is a timeless album, a reflection of the rich knowledge and ability with music across so many genres and eras that enables Desyn to take the risks he does.

One has to take risks and know his music inside out to create a sound that is uplifting like the best of Trance, but without the cheese; explosive like funk, but not as dry; melodic but still bouncy, bouncy but still fluent.

Just rediscovered a vintage mix, live @ Bratislava, OS1 Tour, dec 11, 2004, and it is just brimming with brilliance. What a way to bring in "don't you treat me like a bitch" to kind of showcase what his sound can do.

I just hope, strongly reinforced in my belief thanks to his last mix for Jimbo and Felix, that he continues to bring the world the rich gift of music. I mean, it had been so long since i had heard a truly awe inspiring mix from him, and then this last mix comes out. SO much i had expected, so much anticipated. And even then, it surprassed all i thought and wished it would be. It was That brilliant.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

^well said, agreed.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
            Addiction started
            • Oct 2006

Very well articulated!
            "Nobody ever bought a cd because it had a good signal to noise ratio" - 'David Moulton'

Comment

• Kat
              A pretty fn good milkshake
              • Mar 2006

true! well said!

Originally posted by Nabulous

One has to take risks and know his music inside out to create a sound that is uplifting like the best of Trance, but without the cheese; explosive like funk, but not as dry; melodic but still bouncy, bouncy but still fluent.
              this is why he's the best for me!!
              ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• pipey
                Gold Gabber
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BSully828
                I must have listened to Halcyon literally ten thousand times before hearing it as the opening to Disc 2 - but now every time I hear that track I almost expect the bassline from Spirals - X to kick in at the end. Halcyon on it's own seems almost incomplete without it.

I'd say that's a pretty good testament to a DJ's skill, being able to completely change the way you listen to a track you've known inside and out for years...
                totally - i have halcyon on the "positiva ambient collection" vinyl lol - old school
                Originally posted by Kamal
                Thank you Dr. Needle for attending the balloon Party

Comment

• Haziel
                  Likes a finger upthere
                  • Jan 2007

I never got into desyn, the 3 sets that i heard were not of my like and that was 3 years ago , I'm willing to give it a shot can somebody give me a recent epic desyn set. por favor

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

I was able to appreciate his recorded livesets much more after hearing him live a few times...

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

^^^ Hope that works for me !! They are working on getting a solo set for him here as well !
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

^you're in for a treat dd

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

I must admit I only went to see SOS because I thought I should and they totally blew me away. Raced out and bought the CD !! Hopefully this will be the same I have seen Omid on his own, he's amazing!!

Comment

• PROG
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Aug 2005

*looks into his iphone muzik section* nope, no desyn.... the only one i seem to like is his personal private mix. i'd like to see him live if he keeps that up.
                            Last edited by PROG; July 23, 2009, 07:03:30 PM.

Comment

• pipey
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Mar 2007

man, im so surprised! I really like desyn! hes awesome! dont get me wrong, hes hardly my favorite dj, but i like him enough to come from nz to aus to see him lol
                              Originally posted by Kamal
                              Thank you Dr. Needle for attending the balloon Party

Comment

• pumper&dumper
                                Dumped but never pumped!
                                • Oct 2008

jesus just relistened to the GDF boat party mix after a little reminder. its superb

Comment

Working...