Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Dane Cook

This is pretty f'n f'd up...

-----

Dane Cook’s sister-in-law held on $1M bail

Entertainer Dane Cook’s sister-in-law was ordered held on $1 million bail after she was arraigned today on charges she was actively involved in a plot to steal millions from the Arlington native.

Erika McCauley, 39, of Wilmington pleaded not guilty to charges of larceny in the case. She is due back in court for a probable cause hearing on July 24.

Woburn District Court Judge Phyllis Broker sent McCauley to the state women’s prison in Framingham, dismissing arguments from McCauley’s attorney Martin Weinberg that his client had medical concerns and no criminal history.

McCauley’s husband, Darryl, who is Cook’s half-brother and former manager, has been behind bars on related charges for six months.

Assistant Attorney General Rick Grundy said in court today that state police recently raided the McCauleys’ two homes in Wilmington and York Beach, Maine, and found $700,000. The money was hidden in a closet, in vacuum-sealed bags behind the toilet and inside Tupperware containers in the freezer, Grundy said.

During the arraignment, Grundy announced that state police had just found another $90,000 in hundred-dollar bills when they defrosted some food from the freezer.

In December, just prior to Darryl McCauley’s arrest, state police uncovered nearly $900,000 in cash. Grundy said the recent discoveries show Erika McCauley has had access to more cash since her husband was arrested.

Weinberg said his client would not be able to raise 10 percent of the bail money and asked that his client be placed under house arrest, but the judge set the amount at $1 million anyway.

Grundy told the judge there is still $1.2 million to $1.4 million out there.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Dane Cook

how the hell much has dane cook made that he doesn't notice that much $ missing!?

sad story though...

Comment

• nick007
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2007

You can choose your friends just not your family

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• miketpoto
        Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
        • Jan 2005

Ugh, Dane Cook is the LEAST FUNNY person on the fucking planet. I fucking hate that guy.

Comment

• dusk
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

I loved his HBO stand-up stuff .... over the top is some placing but all round funny.
          ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by miketpoto
            Ugh, Dane Cook is the LEAST FUNNY person on the fucking planet. I fucking hate that guy.
            yes, but what do you think about dane cook the comedian?

Comment

• dusk
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

^^^ Did you catch him live last night? How was it?
              ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

^never laughed so much in my entire life, seriously funny.

Comment

Working...