X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Quick question

How would i go about putting sample tracks on here for just streaming. What i mean is instead of clicking on a link to take you to another page how and what would i use to just give you guys the option to stream a sample? example

Donnacha Costello - Still Music

****Insert Stream here*****

• MJ
    Here since 2002
    • Jun 2004

Re: Quick question

Not possible.

Rent some webspace from the fantastic mjwebhosting <-- you know it makes sense -Upload the demo to your ftp and post the link here. Streaming at it's finest.
    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
      • Oct 2005

nice plug hahahaha

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Yeah you need to host it somewhere else first. If you look in the webhost forum, there are some special packages specifically for DJs who want to host/stream their sets. PM Kamal, I got my site hosted with him.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
          • Oct 2005

oh ok cool. Reason why i wanna do it is to give you a taste of what i am hearing

Jan 2008 Henrik schwarz - Leave my head alone brain (mix 3) Pascal FEOS - Return 2 zero Alexkid &amp; Liset Alea - Nightshade (Tekel Remix) Guy Gerber - Digital Memories James Zabiela - Human Audision - Vanish Kiki - Dancing Graffiti (Zander VT Remix) Repeat Repeat- Why must (gaisers self explanatory mix) Tampopo - Helicopters

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

You're gonna stream tracks you bought?

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
              • Oct 2005

Just give you guys samples. Like use soundforge and cut from say 1min to 4 min in the tracks and post em. So you guys can buy what u like. I just got a whole heap of really cool deep house sounds I need to update the chart page though.

Comment

• Santa
                Getting Somewhere
                • Aug 2004

For what I know, if you want to stream, you need a streaming server.

With RealPlayer, you just create a file on your web server and call it whatever.I.want.ram
                In it, you just type the url of the streaming ( rpm://url/my.file.rm )

In the forum, you just make a link to your file on the web server and it will launch RealPlayer who will connect to your streaming.

Real pain is that you have to convert everything in RealPlayer format in order to do so.

You can also use a shoutcast server in order to stream mp3, which I never have.

Or create a youtube account and post everything there and just share the link
                Santa Claus inc.
                World wide deliveries, once a year

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                  • Oct 2005

Lots of options i see. will def look into them all. Thanks

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                    Just give you guys samples. Like use soundforge and cut from say 1min to 4 min in the tracks and post em. So you guys can buy what u like. I just got a whole heap of really cool deep house sounds I need to update the chart page though.
                    Err why not just link to the relevant Beatport or mp3 site?

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                      • Oct 2005

Point taken hahaha .. Cause when u use beatport and just send a link for 1 particular track it does not work. It takes u to the homepage of beatport.

Comment

• Santa
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Aug 2004

Yes, for what you wanna do, it will be easier to just chop a piece of the music, convert it to mp3 or ogg, upload it on a web or ftp server somewhere and just give us the link.
                        Santa Claus inc.
                        World wide deliveries, once a year

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

Let me test it

Jay Tripwire - Hypnosis

Download and listen to new, exclusive, electronic dance music and house tracks. Available on mp3 and wav at the world&#8217;s largest store for DJs.

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                            • Oct 2005

^^^ took me to the homepage instead of the ep.

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Nice track.

Is this what you want?

Download and listen to new, exclusive, electronic dance music and house tracks. Available on mp3 and wav at the world&#8217;s largest store for DJs.

Beartport certainly doesn't have the most intuitive way of sharing a release link, but if you dig around enough you can get close to what you want.

You can't get an exact link to the specific track, but you can link to the EP it's released in.

Comment

Working...