X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: REQUEST-Infusion_-_Live_at_Club_Dokk_Budapest-07-02-SBD-2005-XDS

It says nothing actually, except that the forums etc. that you go to aren't into this type of music.

Btw, I have yet to see universal praise for anyone.

Interestingly enough I am considering selling my Sasha ticket to go to A Sunny event with Infusion!! Seen Sasha three times has never really moved me. Seen Infusion once and they blew my socks off Seen Jamie Stevens a few times and he always moves me !! Absolutely amazing Dj.

Sometimes we get carried away with names.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• vinnie97
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

True...then again, I've never been too sussed about Sasha (overrated comes to mind), whilst I was an Infusion whore a few years ago. I saw them live in 2005 and was also blown away but that doesn't excuse the vapidity of their new album.

Discogs, though, is the most complete discography site of which I'm aware on the net and it is kept up by the userbase so I think it is somewhat telling that no one's bothered to even enter it there. Perhaps it's related to it only being an Australian release thus far and there being less people aware of its release (which, again, is telling IMO).

Jamie Stevens is a completely different story...individually, he's distancing himself from the direction that Infusion is going. His recent D. Ramirez Dub ("Satur8") is quite the monster.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

I don't think he would be thrilled to hear anyone say he is distancing himself, he is just doing individual stuff which he has pretty well always done.

Dubfunk played a brand new track of Jamie's on Friday night, it was stunning ,!!! but I don't know the name.

Btw I don't know where you are but Australia is an incredibly small market.
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• vinnie97
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jul 2007

Stylistically he certainly is (based on recent remixes)...though I haven't heard any of Jamie's new solo track yet to verify that.

I'm stuck in north Texarse but I do understand AU is relatively small compared to massive geographical areas in North America and Europe.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

We are fairly big geographically , but small population .

I think the individuals in Infusion have always been different to the group. Which is probably why there still is an Infusion.

You know this is what I like about MS, we can have a nice little chat about differences. You should see how these sort of discussions end up on our local forums.

Comment

• vinnie97
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

LMAO, or even at "international" places like the GU board. Sorry if my initial opinion was offensive...I'm just so disappointed in the new album!

I understand the individual aliases needing to be separate from the collective group for identity purposes and for a chance to get away/diverge, lol.

Yea, AU is fairly big geographically...I should've said population-wise and unique in how its isolated from the rest of the world (I would love to visit one day!).

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

^^It's always such a huge trip for the internationals

Comment

Working...