Jody Wisternoff and Dave Clarke.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

Re: DJs you dont get

^^^^ wow really!

funny how everyone taste is different

I think mine would be Nick warren - I've not kept any of i sets that ive heard - and I know he has a LOT of fans on this board!
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kinetic
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Villalobos.

People over here sometimes talk about him like itīs the 2nd coming of Christ, but heīs always bored me to tears. I probably donīt do enough drugs.
        "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
        http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• miketpoto
          Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kinetic
          Villalobos.

People over here sometimes talk about him like itīs the 2nd coming of Christ, but heīs always bored me to tears. I probably donīt do enough drugs.
          I havent heard him live, but the recorded sets I have heard from him don't do a thing for me either.

Comment

• klangfabrik
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2009

Villalobos.

exactly my thoughts.
            same with the cocoon & m_nus crew

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

How can you not like Luke Fair??

For me it is def. Danny T. What a loser.

Comment

• Haziel
                Likes a finger upthere
                • Jan 2007

Villalobos.

Originally posted by miketpoto
                I havent heard him live, but the recorded sets I have heard from him don't do a thing for me either.
                Originally posted by klangfabrik
                exactly my thoughts.
                same with the cocoon & m_nus crew
                An epic review that gets it

Originally posted by EPIC TA
                effects are just a neat way to cover up the bad music you're playing

but pressing a button and twisting a knob, SHIT MAN, BEAT REPEAT. "BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW" FUCKKKKKK *crowd is going nuts, 8note reverb ricocheting off the fucking walls like l.l. cool j in rollerball*

*you goooo, you goooo, youuuuuuuuuuuuu goooooooo (fucking beat stretch, via ableton) oh shit, doesn't sound good in texture mode, time to switch to tones*

*crowd holds hands in air, they can't take it any more, guido's are getting boners, their bitches rubbing up against them as deadmau5 blasts through the PA. YOUUUU GO.. YOU GOOO...................reverb, reverse effect on the CDJ......BOOOOSH, DOWN THE LONGEST ROAD TO NO WHERE, holy shit all the guidos pop their cherries, people think it's the machines fogging the club up, but really is the heat and sweat penetrating through their armani and d&g attire*

*their bug eyed chic-miniature sunglasses can't bare the UV rays shooting from the lazers any more, all the guidos remove their sunglasses, and a huge fucking ray of light blasts from the crowd like cyclops, ZOOOOOWWWWW*

*deadmau5 strangles steve duda on stage, no one knows wtf is going on, he switches to an eerie halloween intro of ghosts n stuff. signals everyone to put their shit in the air, crowd follows. guido's go nuts, they're shaking in their fucking uggs right now, deadmau5 is about to drop a sick 'easy-listening vocal' of carl sagan quoting a pale blue dot as he abruptly goes back into the groove of 'alone with you', the tears from all the females fill up the room, people think the ceiling has opened and there is a storm equivalent to hurricane katrina outside, the rolling moog synth slowly comes in, the kick is hard like my boner, abercrombie pants on all the guido's rip even more than they already are during the factory process. they're fucking blow away, BADAAWAWA BADAWAWA BDADADAW, 'alone with you' is rocking the place*

deadmau5 finishes his set, the crowd screams at the top of their lungs, then he takes his mouse mask off and slowly the decibel level fades from +43 to +8. the teeth have made the ecstasy enriched community of clubbers completely uncomfortable

in steps ricardo villalobos, all the guys wearing completely obscure band t-shirts, bands only they have ever heard, shirts you can't fucking buy any where, you gotta print that shit out legit silk-screen by yourself. ricardo drops a bomb unreleased opener of nina simone. *when you are ready i will surrender take me and do as you willll* baw baw baw baw *tribal percs, sick rolling, triplet lion drums all over the fucking place. ricocheting off their metallic encrusted scarves. ricardo is sweating already, he came on set with a completely dry deep v-neck now it's soaked in man sweat. didn't even take 3 minutes, already sweating like a race-horse at the kentucky derby. he's rolling balls. he starts to mix out of this unreleased nina simone track, goes straight into fucking latino-americanos, everyones like WHATTT DAA FACKK, shit don't fit. doesn't matter, ricky ricardo knows what he's doing, he's giving the crowd a mindfuck like they've never seen before. he's keeping the track completely without bass, slowly mixing into an obscure south american classic track, *chingate puttaaaaa, WOA, chingateee putaaaa, WHOA* *rolling groove hats, off-beat water drums* crowd doesn't even know what the fuck it means, but they love it. fist pump fist pump. 8 hours go by, and the set is still at 121 bpm, people don't even notice, they've came about 60 times already, that's all that matters. ricardo mixes out really bad, with a horrible beat repeat from his nifty red soundbyte, leaves it on a 1/4 beat loop for 45 seconds, crowd loves it. fuck it's wicked repetitive but it's working all that horse tranq i took earlier. closing the set with a white label bootleg of 'lonely island - i'm on a boat'

Comment

• coleby761
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • May 2008

Lee Burridge & Zabiela. defo important to keep listening though cuz at one time didn't care for Howells or Fortier either.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

in addition to my original post about porter, i would add desyn, fanculli and moshic to my list
                    motherlover

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

So who do you 'get?'

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Haziel
                        Likes a finger upthere
                        • Jan 2007

I don't get sometimes the dj's that over the years use the same producers over and over again, like when is John Digweed gonna stop ridding Guy j's ass ?

Comment

• tiddles
                          Encryption, Jr.
                          • Jun 2004

when guy g stops sending him exclusives and tells bedrock to fuck off?

Comment

• Haziel
                            Likes a finger upthere
                            • Jan 2007

^^^oh yeah that's all it takes?

oh the Irony

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                              So who do you 'get?'
                              lots of people. for example, a few djs i've seen recently that i really liked are jay tripwire, danny howells and zabiela. Just from live sets I have always particularly liked Greg Pappastanos' sets from proton
                              motherlover

Comment

• maddlingo
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
                                Danny Tenaglia.

He needs to die of AIDS now.

I couldn't have said it any better.
                                "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

Working...