X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Palin decides she's too good to finish up her term

Sarah Palin's full resignation speech, above, is rambling. She sounds quite rattled, she attempts to pile more scorn on Blue Oasis blogger Linda Kellen

Seriously, just how dumb is this bitch? Just when I thought it couldn't get any stupider with her...she goes and does this.

She doesn't feel like being a "lame duck" governor and doesn't want to "go with the flow" with "politics as usual"...so she's going to serve the people of Alaska by just up and abandoning the post to which the people elected her? seriously?? And she thinks this is somehow going to be good for her in 2012?

And what was up with that speech?? That was the most pathetic, incoherent, rambling pile of shit I have ever heard. It doesn't even make basic rational sense. "It would be apathetic to finish my term as governor...I'm not a quitter, so I've decided to quit." What? Is she on meth?

But hey, I'm happy to see her go; if she's so dumb that she wants to kick her own ass, it saves others the trouble. I just hope this is the final nail in the coffin of her political career and that no one ever takes her seriously after this.

The scary thing is that about eight months ago, a good 47% of this nation thought she would make a great VP. Seriously. Is this all the Republicans can offer for 2012?
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Palin decides she's too good to finish up her term

lol @ releasing this end-of-the-day friday on a long weekend...let's hope no one notices this....
    lol @ her speech

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

she is retarded we all know that. Another stupid move by another stupid Republican.

Comment

• Miroslav
        • Apr 2006

The Lt. Governor who is replacing her just said she was "Alaska's greatest gift to the US." If that's the case, let's call Russia and tell them they can have the damn place.

Comment

• clintlove
          Hey girl, ya Hungry?
          • Jun 2004

If she were ugly, she would be vice president.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
            I just hope this is the final nail in the coffin of her political career and that no one ever takes her seriously after this.
            Not me -- she has been the single greatest provider of unintentional political humor in, well, possibly my entire life.

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

Just got the chance to watch the speech. Totally makes the point of my last post, what a nutter. I love that she equates "finishing the term for which I was elected" with "politics as usual." Uh, yeah, I guess politicians DO normally finish their term -- good point?

Viva la Palin!!!

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

If she could actually make her platform of limited government work, then it would be well worth it compared to the media czar we have in there now.

And her apathetic comment makes sense if you don't take it out of context, especially if she aims to fast track her career further into national politics. This falls in line with her "higher calling."

It may very well ultimately be a mistake to sacrifice her governorship to pursue this...time will tell.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                  Not me -- she has been the single greatest provider of unintentional political humor in, well, possibly my entire life.
                  Second the greatest provider bit

But I definitely want her to fade away, it scares me shitless that she could ever be taken seriously by anyone, let alone 47% of the population .
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                    • Mar 2008

i'd rally palin in a paladin outfit
                    (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Miroslav
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by vinnie97
                      If she could actually make her platform of limited government work, then it would be well worth it compared to the media czar we have in there now.

And her apathetic comment makes sense if you don't take it out of context, especially if she aims to fast track her career further into national politics. This falls in line with her "higher calling."

It may very well ultimately be a mistake to sacrifice her governorship to pursue this...time will tell.
                      Please. "Higher calling", my ass. If shit is apathetic over there, maybe it's because she sucks as a leader. Bailing out on a governorship and leaving your constituents in the lurch when the going gets tough is supposed to make you Presidential material? That really beefs up the old resume: "couldn't even serve out one term as governor."

All this shows is that she is a completely self-serving, flake ass prima donna who will do anything to wildly grab for her grandious aspirations of power that she somehow thinks she is destined to assume. Not to mention that she is dumb as horseshit.

Comment

• vinnie97
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jul 2007

Well, until she was invited to run for VP, her approval rating was in the 80s...now you could say that this just makes all Alaskans stupid but that would be a pretty bigoted thing to say (and not a good reflection on the rest of the country either ).

Comment

• toasty
                          Sir Toastiness
                          • Jun 2004

The more I think about this, the more I feel like one of two things is happening:

The most likely scenario is that she's done some focus groups/polling and has found that her chances of getting elected president -- or possibly any other elected office going forward -- is very low. WIth that being the case, she's made a decision to effectively scrap her career as a politician, and instead pursue a career as a pundit/speaker/commentator/analyst. When you think about the most powerful people in the GOP right now, very few actually hold office -- they are people in the media, like Rush, Hannity, etc. She probably can do more for her party when she can just throw bombs and not have to worry about the electoral consequences, and she'll make a hell of a lot more money doing it.

The other option is that there's something else brewing out there that we don't know about yet. Really, the only thing that favors this, in my opinion, is the fact that she announced this in a hastily-organized press conference on her lawn on a dead news day before a holiday weekend -- if she were looking to springboard herself into a career in the media, she probably should have made more of an event of it. I'm still leaning towards option 1.

If she actually thinks that the fact that she quit on the job won't get rammed up her ass at every opportunity if she ever tries to run for office again, though, she's dumber than we ever imagined.

...and as a final aside, she speaks as if it is a foregone conclusion that the only thing you can do when you're not running for office is waste taxpayer money. A lot of politicians relish not having to triangulate everything they do for fear of voter retribution. What if she actually tried to push some of her policies through, for the good of Alaska? That would be an example of doing something out of the ordinary...

Comment

• Miroslav
                            • Apr 2006

Well, until she was invited to run for VP, her approval rating was in the 80s...now you could say that this just makes all Alaskans stupid but that would be a pretty bigoted thing to say (and not a good reflection on the rest of the country either ).
                            I'll leave it up to the Alaskans and the rest of the nation to deal with their IQ levels... All I have to say is: we voted Bush into office twice, and that worked out wonderfully...so enough said there.

I don't really think she is dumb; I'm sure she is clever enough in matters of personal politics and networking, since she had to play her cards right to get to where she is today. But ultimately, I really see her as a sharp-elbowed, arrogant, opportunist demagogue who wields populist rhetoric very well but lacks real substance as soon as you look a bit deeper. We all saw how she dazzled at the Convention and then promptly fizzled as soon as she was forced to sit down and expound on some real policy issues. And this nonsensical, rambling resignation speech was an insult to everyone's intelligence. You cannot claim to be committed to the people of Alaska and in the same breath tell people you have a "higher calling" to cut and run on your sworn duties to them as governor for the sake of your own power schemes. That is NOT what a true leader with integrity does. That is what an erratic opportunist does.

I'm not saying Obama and the Democrats are going to turn out to be super, but I just think that the GOP has been living for too long in this strange world of, "we don't need to be smart; we've got the righteous values of the common people on our side and we can afford to be anti-ideas." She is the classic incarnation of that. They would do well to turn away from that.

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

I don't think it would be fair to call all Alaskans stupid, but as to the ones that voted for Palin, I think I have enough information from that alone to be able to make that call without resorting to unfair generalizations.

Comment

Working...