• Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: turns out i am going BALD !....how long do i have

Originally posted by sjaracz2
    Ok, ok, I get it.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• dohturdima
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Finestiride really works well to keep a bloke from succumbing to male pattern baldness, and also restores a bit (although can't restore much of what was already lost. Still, that Propecia is dam' expensive. Solution - that same finestiride as in propecia is marketed as Proscar in US (which is a medication for reduction of prostate enlargement - same DHT blocker). Proscar is considerably cheaper, and if you get a pill cutter (Proscar is a 5 mg tablet) you can cut it into 5 pieces - almost a week's supply. And, if you get its generic version, Fincar, from India, the expense is that much cheaper and results are = to Propecia. 2 US cents. Per dose.
      Habit is a form of exercise

Comment

• phoenixbass
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

im too young !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• wonk
          Getting Somewhere
          • Oct 2004

ye it sucks to have a receder. started noticin mine when i was 19. havent looked into any medication

Comment

• djkix
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

it's either genetics or stress... i was both. i was receeding in college from all the stress... it slowed down when i wasn't as stressed out anymore but then started receeding again as the years passed. losing hair is no fun esp when you're surrounded by your friends who doesn't have the problem.

i'm taking finAsteride (not finEsteride) and it helps. it's more about prevention than regrowing. it's easier to keep the hair you have than to grow it back. i take proscar (the product name of finasteride). propecia and proscar is the exact same thing except propecia comes in 1mg pill and proscar is 5mg. so what many ppl out there do is to use a pill cutter and to cut it into 4 parts. now it's 1.25mg. it's ok to take the extra doseage. it's not harmful. and if you read up on how finasteride works, it's about lowering the DHT over time so basically, you get the average levels to go down. some ppl respond to it well even when not taking the 1mg amount. the reason why many ppl use proscar over propecia is that proscar was first marketed for anti-prostate enlargening (for older men)... then they were growing back hair so merck decided to do studies on it and concluded that a 1mg version can be used daily safely for hair loss prevention. But proscar is much cheaper than propecia.

Comment

• neoee
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

There's always the lasercombs!

I'm not really sure if balding is going to be a problem for me but I would probably chance the 300 dollars on something like this if it were. Reviews seemed mixed for this product so it hard to say if it really works or not.
              "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• BeachBum
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by phoenixbass
                when i wash my hair my hands fill with hair....dont think that is normal. !

dam, i am going bald, but the thing is i am only 21 years old. how long does it take to go bald ?

WEEKS
                The man who has no imagination has no wings - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• thrualoooop
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

my moms first radiation for breast cancer is on dec 7(my birthday) im shaving my head for her.......goodbye locks :cry:
                  i'm not a real dork i just play one on the internet.......

Comment

• BeachBum
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thrualoooop
                    my moms first radiation for breast cancer is on dec 7(my birthday) im shaving my head for her.......goodbye locks :cry:
                    What a great way to support your mom...here's to everything working out for the best
                    The man who has no imagination has no wings - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      Double hoodie beer monster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by arielus
                      if i keep my bank account loaded, i'll have no problem finding a bitch
                      Especially if you refer to her by bitch all the time

Comment

• skahound
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thrualoooop
                        Thoughts are with you and your family. But you definitely have enough to share!
                        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• il manzo
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

It happened to me as well. You'll get used to that.

Comment

Working...