X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barkup
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Netpumper question?

I've just brought a new pc and i'm gonna try and keep it free from adware/spyware for as long as possiable.

I use NETPUMPER for downloading the sets from djmixes site. I havn't downloaded this yet cos it contians Adware, SAVE! and CYDOOR.

Question is if i download netpumper will i be able to get rid of the two adware programs?

Anyone help?
    • May 2002

depends on how the program is coded, Kazaa will not work if those programs are removed.... if you would like to continue to use netpumper and if you have a good software firewall installed..... just make sure that SAVE! and CYDOOR have been blocked from accessing the internet and you should be golden

-e-
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• barkup
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Cheers, if that don't work and i want to uninstal netpumper will the adware also be removed?,

Or am i being to anal about it?

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

its good to be anal when your comp security is concerned and NO it will more than likely NOT be un-installed even if you uninstall Net Pumper

-e-
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• barkup
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

o.k thanks!

Comment

• j0B
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2004

Re: Netpumper question?

i am not using djmixes anymore since my last new system rebuild. security is first, you do not know what you install with all this spyware. blocking it at the firewall might be a good idea, but sure there are possibilities for spyware to get through some way or the other if properly coded. the better option is not to get spyware on your system the first place.

~j0B

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Encryption
              its good to be anal
              Anal and netpumper in the same thread. Where has this board gone?
              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• TomTom
                Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                • May 2002

I once used the Netpumper Trial version and I can assure you that the Adaware programs Save and Cydoor will NOT be removed when you uninstall Netpumper. I had to get rid of them separately. Since this experience, I download directly from DJmixes using the Anti-Leech plugin. It does not harm your PC or infects it with Adaware crap and the speed is still awesome. Only resuming is not possible anymore when you get sets directly through their site applet.

Comment

• TheOutsider
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

i use netpumper but some how managed to remove every bit of spyware that came with it and stil works

Comment

• ubiqe
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

^ are you sure? seems unreal to me. unless you hacked their source code. :wink:

Comment

• TomTom
                      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                      • May 2002

...or bought the full version without knowing it. Check your credit card bills.

Comment

Working...