Hybrid & Henry Saiz..... I need some convincing!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProgAgressive_Maniac
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2006

Hybrid & Henry Saiz..... I need some convincing!

Ok so here is the story...

On the 25th of this month Hybrid & Henry Saiz are playing at Chinese laundry here in Sydney.

I know Henry's productions and really enjoy them but i have yet to hear a live set so his dj skills i know nothing of... What can i expect?

Hybrid is hit and miss for me.. not as consistent as they used to be and i haven't heard a set of theirs for at least a yr.

Also to add a lil insult to injury they are playing at a venue that sounds like shit. The low end is muddy... the top end is to sharp and hurts my ears... Even with my ear plugs.

But i haven't been out in a while and I'm really up for a good night..

See my dilemma?

Any help?? Are they both worth me putting up with the crappy sound? I'm a lil lost
    "Nobody ever bought a cd because it had a good signal to noise ratio" - 'David Moulton'
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Hybrid & Henry Saiz..... I need some convincing!

^^^ Sorry to hear about the sound because that place seems to be getting some good Djs.

I'm not going to be much help I'm afraid ! What you said pretty well applies to me . Seen Hybrid twice, our locals were better. Henry Saiz is too new to know much about as a DJ. Brilliant producer though. He had better play We are all !!!
    I am going because the sound will be good and it's a Sunny event. Probably the only event I go to for the social aspect as well as the music. Actually that is maybe because Sunny crowds are really all about the music
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

I'm in Sydney so I have the same dilemma. Hybrid in Melb last year was a disappointment. And Laundry suck ass.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
        Addiction started
        • Oct 2006

Why Laundry... WHYYYYYYY?? lol

We've got heaps of better venue with The Civic no.1 on my list... Why do we have to go to Laundry.. The last 2 times i went there i vowed never to go back but I may have to... ouch!
        "Nobody ever bought a cd because it had a good signal to noise ratio" - 'David Moulton'

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Not a big fan of the Civic either. Nice venue, but sound ain't great there. Isolee is coming up at the Civic, that's tempting.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
            Addiction started
            • Oct 2006

I would have to disagree... I do really love the sound in the civic basement..

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

I say check out Hybrid .. it's a night out with some pretty decent music - better than being at a cheesy bar bashing out top 40 tunes.
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Maybe there are other options. ?? Last time I saw Hybrid they weren't decent
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
                  Addiction started
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
                  Last time I saw Hybrid they weren't decent
                  This is what i been hearing from some of my mates.. Its a tough one..

What about Henry Saiz? Anyone heard him dj? Anyone have an a review?

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

^^ He has a radio show. Called the labyrinth on Proton. Check P & R

Cohiba , who happens to be from Sydney , posted his website http://www.henrysaiz.com/

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ProgAgressive_Maniac
                      I would have to disagree... I do really love the sound in the civic basement..
                      Basement's sound's better than Laundry, but I still find it slightly boomy unless you are right up front or on the stage. You should check out the speakers at Sunny

Comment

• thesightless
                        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                        • Jun 2004

i saw hybrid live in LA with hypoluxxa, newland, missjenny, and some, and they were brilliant. (as were newland and kev kazell upstairs.)

i cannot claim to know much about saiz, as only his bedrock remix is what i know of him. (nvr bought much more)
                        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

^^^ How long ago?? That is very heartening. Seeing I am going anyway it would be good to be a bit more enthusiastic about it

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
                            Addiction started
                            • Oct 2006

Thanks DIDI... will check out the radio show later today!

oh and thesightless.. how long was that?

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Just noticed my second favourite Dj from this year, Dubfunk, is also playing at Laundry I thought we were unlucky because he was playing at a Likes of You big Techno event. [means oversold, hot and pretty random crowd], but at least Brown Alley sound should be good !! Although Likes of You have form for bad sound .

Comment

Working...