X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dali18
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

any good jazz or blues clubs in NYC?

i know that nyc is known for its goodnightlife. a friend of mine is visiting new york and she asked me if i know some good jazz clubs in nyc.

anybody know some good jazz clubs i can recomend?

is there also any good djs playing in this 2 weeks.?

cheers.
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: any good jazz or blues clubs in NYC?

anyone who doesn't know about the village vanguard isn't a jazz fan IMO. be sure and tell her that

go see Les Paul too, i think he plays one night a week but i can't remember where. legend.

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

oh, have her look at this too

Check out Jazz Inside | Jazz Improv. We provide timeless music, motivation, ideas & intimate understandings of America's original art form for fans.

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

that's kind of like asking if there are taxi cabs in NYC It's home to some of the most legendary jazz spots on the planet... Village Vanguard, as tiddles mentioned. Also google Birdland, Blue Note, or Cotton Club.
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
          anyone who doesn't know about the village vanguard isn't a jazz fan IMO. be sure and tell her that

go see Les Paul too, i think he plays one night a week but i can't remember where. legend.

yes les paul still does his show. he basically has studio/session musicians play with him. have seen it a few times.

The Iridium, home of Les Paul, is New York City's best music venue featuring Jazz and Rock. Live music 7 days a week in heart of Times Square, Manhattan.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

You've got Blue Note, Village Vanguard, Birdland, the Jazz Standard & Iridium.

Personally I've heard that Smoke on Broadway is the best budget option - they have some fantastic musicians playing straight ahead jazz:

Smoke Jazz Club is a world-famous music venue located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side presenting live performances by beloved living legends and sensational new talents alike.

"Smoke Jazz & Supper Club-Lounge presents world-renowned jazz musicians seven nights a week. Candlelit tables, plush velvet banquets, antique chandeliers, and an historic full-length bar create a real jazz vibe to go with the excellent acoustics and sightlines."
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...