The undeniable logic of that observation scares the shit out of me

For sure.

Comment

• Micko
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Re: Banks are making huge profits again

Originally posted by Yao
      I actually got to speak to someone last week who has been in the banking world for most of his life, has been at the forefront of creating at least 2 banks and has held a number of high-profile positions in them. He now has started his own company, giving training courses to employees just out of university and organising congresses for large companies (think Unilever or Shell).

We had a conversation about what had happened at and some point I asked him whether he thought there would be any genuine change in the mode of though bankers have. He said no. In fact, he pointed out the arrogance with which bankers now operate, stating that "they got through this, so it wasn't that bad after all", using it to legitimize continuing the same way they always did.

Mind you, this is someone who is close with, for example, Fortis executives. I must say it was kind of disheartening hearing this from someone on the inside, though it really didn't suprise me given the fact that most people in the financial business seem to think that they're the only people our societies need to function. I saw these guys every day when I was still working for a design company in the financial district in Amsterdam, and I literally can't stand them and their f*cking attitude.
      but I am not a bit surprised

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

Keep in mind Goldman Sachs was the largest institutional contributor to President Obama's campaign.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

^^^where they?? Damn.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Top Contributors

The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

It will be funny to see what he does with the UBS money laundering thing knowing they gave him that much money. Or maybe he is pissed that he should have been given more.

Comment

Working...