• Show
Clear All
  • fatalfelix
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Charlie May steps out of Sasha’s shadow

Charlie May steps out of Sasha’s shadow

Very interesting article:

Xpander’ was the first building block of a long and successful collaborative relationship that led to such hallmarks as Sasha and Emerson ‘Scorchio’, ‘Airdrawndagger’, ‘Involver’, and ‘Involv2r’. Those records helped define Sasha, but not Charlie May. He bears no grudge however. “Take Sasha’s album ‘Involv2r’,” he says. “There were five of us on that record, but ultimately it was is his name on it and he had the last say as to how he wanted certain things to be.
    I look forward to his solo album I have to say, and I think he did the wright thing to step out of the shadow. For him it was always fun to make records, but at the end Sasha gets all the respect.
    "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
  • Micko
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Charlie May steps out of Sasha’s shadow

I'd certainly be interested in his solo release - I'm sure it would be a winner

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

May sounds like a cool guy, in another article posted on here, he said he put together a mix but it was Junkie XL's name on the cover.

Here it is:
      How much did 'Technodubfest' with Junkie XL influence your work on Airdrawndagger?

Actually Technodubfest was done after 'add' (Airdrawndagger). Also (and I am sure he won't mind me being honest), I did it all on my lonesome as Tom Holkenborg was too busy with Elvis (quite understandably so). We just stuck his name on the front because JXL is a big name and sells more. It is the first mix CD I have ever done and it was great to just put a whole load of my favourite tunes together and bosh! One mix album! I tell you these fucking DJs have been getting away with murder for years!
      I think the problem is that everybody who knows anything about prog would know Xpander and Spooky, but not a lot know Charlie May or Duncan Forbes individually. Like when May's Bug EP came out, I was surprised it was so underplayed. Behemoth was such a sweet track.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• luzon1979
        Fresh Peossy
        • Oct 2006

cant wait for the solo release im sure it will be a cracker

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Definitely undervalued producer, he has the touch.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• jackdaniels
            Addiction started
            • Aug 2008

Here is a new spooky interview

Data Transmission is The Online Dance Music Authority and Online Dance Music Radio Station, DT Radio covering House, Techno and Drum & Bass...
            sigpic

Comment

• nascent
              Getting warmed up
              • Nov 2004

Brand new track on his brand new label. Apache is the 1st release on Charlie May's own Mayhem imprint to check out the new track visit www.myspace.com/charliemay

Charlie May - Apache [Mayhem001]
              A:Min MIx
              B:Max Mix

Info & Licensing
              mayhem@530db.com
              www.530db.com

Comment

• fatalfelix
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2008

Very nice tracks indeed, I'm already in love with the max mix .
                "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

great producer and amazing songs but bitter.
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

Working...