Ffs wtf is up with fucking music these days!?!?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pipey
    Gold Gabber
    • Mar 2007

Ffs wtf is up with fucking music these days!?!?!?!?!?!

OK OK - so i have been forced to listen to this fucking stink radio station in the interest of "playing something that everyone likes" i guess that everyone doesnt include me in the office - man this fucking pop r&b bullshit - heres the email i sent to the radio station directly for my rant. lol

Sent: Monday, 20 July 2009 3:30 p.m.
    To: ZM
    Subject: zm playlist

Hi ZM,

im not one to complain, but i just want you to know that your station plays the crappiest, no talent pop bullshit that i have ever heard.

The tracks that are on every day, have changed very little from when i was working at another business and forced to listen to your terrible shitty programming like 8 years ago. The only diff is that the crappy 80's hits that have been run through a computer and had some no talent assholes voice synthesized onto the recording, are even more widespread then i remember.

Now, i realise that you are prolly just playing the music you are given, cos i dont believe its possible to actually have music taste that bad, but you should realise how bad your tracklisting is, and how you are shamefully appealing to the lowest common denominator, in turn making society dumber, and really pissing off the normal people who are forced to endure the torture that is "popular music" nowadays.

just a suggestion, but why dont you play some music that isnt just the shittiest r&b, or pop emo crap, or bleeding heart soft rock that you can find, and appeal to people who are bored of this shit.

Regards
    Luke

The Answer

Hi Luke

We're not making the music, we're just playing the hits. All of the music we play is researched and tested by the audience.

You can have your say on each song by clicking here: http://www.zmonline.com/WhatsOn/Comp...l.aspx?id=8719

Nobodys forcing you to listen to anything though, if it's not to you taste change it.

Thanks for your feedback
    Cheers
    Christian

LOL man = if their music playlist is researched, then the state music is in these days, is really starting to fucking freak me out.

ok rant over - you can all go about your days lol
    Originally posted by Kamal
    Thank you Dr. Needle for attending the balloon Party
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Ffs wtf is up with fucking music these days!?!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by pipey
    you are shamefully appealing to the lowest common denominator, in turn making society dumber,
    Fucking gold, the decline of civilisation no less.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• stencil_cp
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2005

i got to sit in a set for a clearchannel corp station last year b/c my friend is a dj. he had about 6 min worth of leeway to swap songs in his 3-4hr shift. otherwise, it was all preprogrammed. he filled in voiceovers, hit play. songs repeated w/in his shift. it was total crap...

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

I can't remember the last time I listened to regular Radio . JJJ mixup and The club are it for me And even those I record and listen later
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• i!!ustrious
          I got some N64 Games Yo!!
          • Mar 2008

this is how disgusted i feel about the stagnant mediocity that is called "music" these days:

don't get me wrong, there's brimming amounts of quality sounds being churned out daily, it's just that it's counterbalanced with so much rubbish all at the same time. "go deep enough, there's music everywhere"
          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• nick007
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2007

We have 5fm here and monday to friday 19:00 its pop, r&b, south african kwaito. From Friday 19:00 to Sunday 20:00 its EDM so its pretty cool weekends.

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• pipey
              Gold Gabber
              • Mar 2007

well there was an edm station here that started out as a pirate radio station for a number of years and then became "proper" although some bastard stole their transmitter, and they couldnt afford another one, so that was squashed. Was cool too... firmFM was what it was called.

Comment

• nick007
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2007

^we have east coast radio here in durban and it sucks balls - 80's and 90's music continuously all day and night. 5fm is across the country and has been voted no 1 radio station every year and has south african dj's that are pretty good at spinning on the decks too

Comment

• poults
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Nov 2006

I know the feeling pipey, the 2 blokes i work with dont like EDM so i have to listen to radio 1 for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Drives me fucking insane.

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• pipey
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Mar 2007

i always thought that radio one was all edm? or is the essential mix and shit just like a weekly show?

Comment

• poults
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Nov 2006

Weekends have a lot of EDM, in the week its all the pop shit all day long until the evening about 7 when they starting playing half decent rock and stuff.

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• pipey
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Mar 2007

man NZ has some shit music. its like all mtv chart bollocks. the sad thing is, its like - out of 13 people in the room where i work, only 2 like edm. and the other that likes it, kinda likes it but isnt a proper listener - to her its all "techno" and prog all "sounds the same" LOL like every fucking song beyonce has made doesnt sound the same

Comment

• chanty
                          John, John, where art thou!
                          • Jun 2004

A wee bit off topic, but last weekend up at our trailer in Madoc, I was broadcasting Luke Fair's summer 08 promo mix on a transmitter that Justin brought home. Hehe...it broadcasts a 5 mile radius. Don't know if anyone picked it up, but we did when we went for a drive to check it out.
                          Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• clintlove
                            Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                            • Jun 2004

People only like pop, r&b, pop rap, and pop rock because they are litterally told to like it. "Hey this is popular, everyone is listening to it, so should you.". It's sad really. It means people who listen to that type of music have no personality and no freedom of choice. It's the same for people who cater to the fashion world and have to wear brand names or the styles they see in People magazine. Also the same for people who follow celebrity lives like it's their own, like it matters what this person way out of reach is doing at the moment.

It's actually funny you mention this. Recently I've had to help to our delivery driver make a few pickups around town and all he listens to is the radio. He just keeps flipping from one channel to another hoping to find something to listen to. But there's a fucking cd player in the truck. So on my 3rd or 4th time to ride with him, I brought my cd case. Granted I put in some early 90's rap music, but he fucking loved it. That dude was freaking out in the front seat like, "awe damn, I remember this jam". He was all waving his arms and cutting a front seat rug. Never saw him do that to any song he heard on the radio. Crazy what a little Eightball & MJG - "Coming Out Hard" can do for a lost black man.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• nick007
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Oct 2007

^^haha good one clint

Comment

Working...