OH- Bama .. question for toasty and a foreigner(not canada)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

OH- Bama .. question for toasty and a foreigner(not canada)

to put it bluntly...

so, where we at ? goals, actions, handling of congress and its ineptitude, etc etc etc. YOU'R thoughts.

no comments on speeches please as they are all written for him and salesp pitches to the ever sceptical public.

me personally, wasnt a fan, my opinion on gov't as a whole and our lack of accountability to ourselves standing prevelent. he could have really motivated the place if he pushed and called to the carpet certain members of his own party for not getting it done when he could be railroading legislation changes. he, himself, well, its beginning to show that he truly is a speaker and leader in the public eye sense, granted, but his ability to handle washington is in a bit of doubt for me as he is having trouble with gov't when its all in the dems power. republicans cant mount anything, and all his main opposition is from fiscally conservatives when it comes time to drafting & voting, but he seems to be running into more hiccups with his own minions infighting.

plain & simple, i knew this would happen, and it will continue until we vote out the ppl who actually run the fed gov't, not the pres of the board. they are keeping the machine down. Obama himself, actually opened up to his personality as a person, but i still have a hard time fathoming the future of this country and its businesses and markets as long as his health care reform passes, SS doesnt get a chance to see the accountants take over and dictate policy, and his sheer lack of guts where it comes to shining the heatlamp on the committee leaders in finance and other major agendas.
    the car companies are set, and any more utter meltdowns from them will be allowed.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: OH- Bama .. question for toasty and a foreigner(not canada)

just popping by and noticed this, but am absolutely pounded right now, so I'll get back to it when I have more time.

Comment

• etincelles
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2005

Last edited by etincelles; April 19, 2010, 01:38:05 PM.

Comment

• chloe harris
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

lol. fabricated entity.

fucking a.
        pillow humping rules.

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

OK, having had a chance to look over this more closely, I'm not sure I really understand the question. If the question if simply, "how do I think Obama's doing?," I offered a post on that like two weeks ago in this thread, and not much has changed from my standpoint since then:

Originally posted by toasty
          I'll give him an incomplete on all the economic stuff for now, but he HAS made great strides in restoring our standing in the world, which is not an insignificant thing. MAJOR upgrade from Bush in that regard.

Also, we're finally ramping up the pressure in Afghanistan/Northern Pakistan. In one of OBL's most recent tapes, he was asking for money -- which is new -- and the Pakistani army is moving into South Waziristan, which is something Bush was never able to do. Both good things.
          Although I can't recall which threads, I've offered thoughts on other things I like and dislike about the job that he's done so far, and I don't really see any value in listing them again here, particularly because I think at this relatively early stage, it's premature to say much of anything.

I will say this: Obama inherited an enormous mess, and we're still seeing the lingering effects of having someone that I could beat at Scrabble running our country for the last 8 years, and that's likely to persist for a while still. There will come a time when its unfair to give Obama a complete pass based upon Bush's shortcomings, but that time hasn't come yet -- part of the reason presidents serve 4 terms, IMO, to give them a chance to get some shit done.

Comment

• Cj Tari
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Nov 2004

what are you talking about toasty, he should of already solved the mid-east crisis(afganistan-iran-israel-etc), economy, unemployment, border security, and any other problem related with the country, i mean, hes been in the chair for what? 6 months now?

obama needs to multitask a bit more
            ..:: listen :: react ::..
            http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
            http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
            http://soundcloud.com/cj-tari

Comment

Working...