X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • esef
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Calling All DJs: Do It Yourself DJ Contest

n association with Giant, BPM, and Indie 103.1 FM, Groovetickets.com is holding the first ever Into The Groove DJ competition. The Grand Prize is an opening spot for a superstar DJ at a Giant event. You keep telling yourself that your good enough to take the stage and rock the floor at a superclub like Giant right? Let's see what you've got.

We are looking for the most impressive mix regardless of genre. Send us breaks, hip-hop, trance, Drum and Bass, whatever. Just make sure you keep the mix under 30 minutes. And be sure to include complete track listings. Read this carefully: ALL MIX CDS EXCEEDING 30 MINUTES IN LENGTH WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Send us as many mixes as you want for as many different genres. Each submission must be accompanied with a $20 entry fee in the form of a check made payable to Groovetickets. All entries must be received no later than December 30th. Mail all submissions to:

Do It Yourself DJ Competition
    3362 Bellota Way
    LA CA 90027

Be sure to include the following information. Name, phone number, email, and track listings. All contestants will be contacted via email upon receipt of submission. The winner will be notified no later than January 15th.

As mentioned, the winning contestant will be given an opening spot at a future Giant event. Obviously, which event will be determined by the type of music the winner spins. We're not going to have a Hip Hop DJ open for Tiesto. The winner will also receive an interview and bio write-up promotion on Groovetickets.com as well as a smorgasboard of free CDs and a 1 year subscription to BPM.

There are numerous DJ competitions out there that boast free gear and merchandise as their grand prizes. This is all well and good, but if you want to advance your career the only way to do so is to get in front of the people and make them dance. For many of you, the Into the Groove Competition will be your first chance to do that. Make it happen.

btw, charging an entry fee is totally tacky and lame.

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category
  • superEGO72
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

holy extortion batman!

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

entry fee? lol
      cheers for the info though!

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

Re: Calling All DJs: Do It Yourself DJ Contest

Originally posted by esef
        We're not going to have a Hip Hop DJ open for Tiesto.
        that doesn't make sense, because they both sound like shit. seems perfect to me...

Comment

• thrualoooop
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

?
          i'm not a real dork i just play one on the internet.......

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

$20 entry fee. I'll Never enter a competition with an entry fee.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Xzen98x
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jul 2004

entry fee, LMAO not thats some funny shit. hmmmmmmmmm maybe i should start one too hehehehe. That's BS, sorry im out.

Jayson Butera

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

i lost interest at the entry fee. fucking lame! i feel sorry for the people that lose this contest.

Comment

• TomTom
                  Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                  • May 2002

Re: Calling All DJs: Do It Yourself DJ Contest

Originally posted by esef
                  Send us as many mixes as you want for as many different genres. Each submission must be accompanied with a $20 entry fee in the form of a check
                  WTF?

I would too suggest to submit as many mixes as possible if I charge every single mix with a 20 bucks fee.

This contest is ridiculous but if it works we maybe make the same thing with our nect MP DJ contest. "Every artist has to submit at least 18 mixes and we sadly have to charge an entry fee of 2.956 dollars per set because we need to pay a lot for whores and cocaine." :ROFLMAO:

Comment

• djrichwoods
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

I wonder if that guy that was disqualified from that contest for using DJ Mixing Software will try and enter this as well...

Comment

• asdf_admin
                      i use to be important
                      • Jun 2004

that doesn't make sense, because they both sound like shit. seems perfect to me...
                      you monkey. there is good music in every genre. you just gotta have good taste to find it. durr. and you listen to progressive music ... bah.
                      dead, yet alive.

Comment

Working...