The Weekend 012 ft. Kid Icarus - Trance on a Friday!?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

The Weekend 012 ft. Kid Icarus - Trance on a Friday!?!

Hello MCast listeners! I hope you are all enjoying the warm summer and all the fun times that come along with it. For this installment of The Weekend I am featuring a local Minneapolis rave/club DJ legend, Kid Icarus. Kid Icarus, whose real name is Adam, is the person who is solely responsible for getting me into the music way back when I was just a young teenager in high school. I used to drive 500 miles round trip to hang out with Adam and see him DJ at many of the now unheard of rave parties that used to go on around in the Twin Cities area. I have had the pleasure of DJing alongside Adam many times and he never fails to impress me with his handle on the trance/progressive trance sound that quite rare these days. This 90 minute mix from Kid Icarus consists almost entirely of tracks that were released before the year 2000. If I am not mistaken only 2 or 3 tracks on it were released after the millennium. This mix certainly takes me back and I hope it does the same for you! Here is a brief bio on Kid Icarus:

“Adam Leppert began listening to electronic music in the early 90’s through groups such as Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, and Erasure. Adam gained considerable interest in techno music by 1995 and began going to raves. His first exposure to trance came in early 1996 and he was hooked immediately. The name, Kid Icarus, became known in the following years through the house party scene at the University of Minnesota campus and raves across the Midwest. Following the demise of the rave scene circa 2000, Adam helped to start the new club scene in Minneapolis with Sound In Motion at the Quest where he held a 2+ year residency. Adam has performed at numerous clubs throughout the metro area over the course of the last 10 years and continues to play out all over Minneapolis for the Sound In Motion group.”

Alright with that said lets get to the music. Thank you for listening!

The Weekend 012 on MCast - July 9, 2009 - Kid Icarus

01. Junk Project - Peace N’ Love (Original Mix) - Universal Prime Breaks
    02. Miro - Paradise (Red Jerry’s Long Dubby Vocal Mix) - Hooj Choons
    03. Leama - Melodica (Original Mix) - Baroque Records
    04. The Space Brothers - I Still Love You (Oakenfold Edit) - Manifesto
    05. V-One - Clouds In The Sky (Original Mix) - Green Martian
    06. The Space Brothers - Shine (Full Vocal 12″ Mix) - Manifesto
    07. Mike Oldfield - Far Above The Clouds (Jam & Spoon’s Deep Inside The Club Mix) - Kinetic Records
    08. Carlos - Rush Me (Original Mix) - Karma
    09. Spoiled & Zigo - More & More (Vocal Mix) - Free For All
    10. Solarstone - Eastern Sea (First State Mix) - Solaris Recordings
    11. Rank 1 - Breathing (Push Dub Edit) - ID&T
    12. Yves Deruyter - Bass Mekaniks (Original Mix) - Bonzai Records Italy
    13. V-One - Dead Cities (Original Mix) - Green Martian

Checkout the showpage on MCast: http://www.mcast.mercuryserver.com/?cat=22

Or download the mix(Right Click>Save As): http://media.blubrry.com/mcast/www.m...Kid_Icarus.mp3

Lastly The Weekend 013 & 014 are ready to go and will be posted in the next week! Look for an eclectic guest mix and more fresh house sounds from myself in the next two installments.

Thanks again!
  • i!!ustrious
    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
    • Mar 2008

Re: The Weekend 012 ft. Kid Icarus - Trance on a Friday!?!

awesome stuff brother! i'm so down!

TGIF, and have a great one at that
    (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Kid Icarus
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jul 2009

Re: The Weekend 012 ft. Kid Icarus - Trance on a Friday!?!

Thanks again for posting this mix Weizy! I'd also like to add that almost all of these tracks are on vinyl!

I have to say that nothing sounds like old trance to me

Hope everyone enjoys the mix!

-Adam

Comment

Working...