X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Birthers

Well, to the chagrin of moderate republicans everywhere, this movement seems to be picking up steam. What better way to reclaim your party from the fringe element that has served as its face recently than to have a group of legitimate whackjobs vocally arguing on your behalf that Obama can't be president because he wasn't actually born here. What's more, republican politicians are caught in a real trick box -- disagree, and risk pissing off a small but disproportionately vocal part of your base, agree and look like a nut yourself.
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Birthers

Originally posted by toasty
    Well, to the chagrin of moderate republicans everywhere, this movement seems to be picking up steam. What better way to reclaim your party from the fringe element that has served as its face recently than to have a group of legitimate whackjobs vocally arguing on your behalf that Obama can't be president because he wasn't actually born here. What's more, republican politicians are caught in a real trick box -- disagree, and risk pissing off a small but disproportionately vocal part of your base, agree and look like a nut yourself.
    Is this really a big push by the Republicans? The only people I see covering this are the folks at MSNBC.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• chloe harris
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

they're angry, conservative, and bored.
      pillow humping rules.

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

It's true the democratic media is the one pushing this all the time.

<-----------------------Holy Shit 3000!!

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
          yea because they are the ones with brains and notice the republican party is full of jesus freaks that need to use some hair coloring.

if republicans did not have this ultra conservative jesus freak wing inside of them, i would definitely call myself a republican. but as long as they are there, im out. i'd rather be a democrat that disagrees with half their shit.
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave
            Is this really a big push by the Republicans? The only people I see covering this are the folks at MSNBC.
            well, that's kinda the point of the post -- it has moved from a sideshow to something that is getting broader media coverage, beyond msnbc and HuffPost. Lou Dobbs was advancing it, and it's received non-fringe coverage on CNN generally. Fox has also covered it as a real news story, and their commentators have made more frequent reference to it on their opinion shows. Rush, of course, keeps brining it up as well. Point is, it isn't just something that you see on the fringe anymore and while it isn't something that the republicans generally are pushing as part of their official platform, there is a small faction of the party that is yelling loudly enough, including some bigger names, that it is starting to get traction in the mainstream.

A few months ago, the only people that knew who birthers were were political junkies like myself. Now, it's common parlance.

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

why doesn't Barry Soetoro just show his birth certificate to put it to rest? I mean he could just come out at a media event that he does everyday and pull it out for the camera. The live birth certificate obviously isn't enough. If someone asked me for mine I would just show it. What does he have to hide?

It is interesting how the media keeps focusing on the newspaper clip as if I could just show that to border security when I come to the US. Chris Mathews is such a loser.

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

why doesn't Barry Soetoro just show his birth certificate to put it to rest?
                It has been made available, in person, to numerous different people now. What does he have to do? Arrange a personal viewing for every American, seriatim? The problem is not a lack of evidence, it is that there exists no quantum of evidence that will satisfy some people.

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

why not do it on TV for everyone to see? You democrats and your exaggerating (Show it to every american) all he has to do is show it on tv and put a scanned copy on whitehouse.gov

I would if I was him to show people how stupid they are.

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

all he has to do is show it on tv and put a scanned copy on whitehouse.gov
                    he did. that's what started this whole controversy to begin with, because birthers thought they identified "irregularities" in the scanned copy which were, of course, present because it was a scanned copy.

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

no that was the certificate of live birth to my understanding which is not considered a valid birth certificate. Where is the birth certificate? Not live birth

whatever I don't know wnough about this to debate. He should just show the real deal IMO.

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

^^hard to believe that you of all people would be right there, parroting the language of conspiracy theorists, but there ya go. Wonders never cease.

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

sorry I am more concerned about the health care bill and vaccines. Either way i know Obama is a puppet for the bankers that have taken over your country. So to me it really doesn't matter. The real conpiracy is that people like you that actually believe what mainstream media is talking about is even relevant.

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

sorry I am more concerned about the health care bill and vaccines. Either way i know Obama is a puppet for the bankers that have taken over your country. So to me it really doesn't matter. The real conpiracy is that people like you that actually believe what mainstream media is talking about is even relevant.
                            you cant excuse the fact that bush and his jesus freak cronies were the ones who jump started the whole banking bailout garbage.

only reason i am saying this is because you are constantly saying its obama obama obama. yes he is part of the problem but he didnt start it, bush did.
                            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• runningman
                              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                              • Jun 2004

oh I totally agree.. Bush was just as bad. I hate both parties.

But still where is his birth certificate? Why block out the number like it is Top Secret? Where is the seal?

Why would anyone think that because there is an article in the paper and a live birth certificate that means he doesn't have to show his birth certificate. If you were an American citizen trying to get back in the US you couldn't show a newspaper article. The fact that I keep hearing about the newspaper article makes me wonder.

Once you hear the mainstream media calling people insane and crazy then you know you are on to something. Oh ya Toasty I hear those scanners at the White House aren't very good.

Comment

Working...