X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Birthers

Place of birth shouldn't be an issue at all, citizenship and your proven adherence to the norms, values and laws of the country you live in are more important in my opinion. I'd rather have a Muslim defending my interests than a white guy ripping me off. Though this example is probably a bit far fetched I think I made my point.

It is the same argument by the way that partially at the basis of the civil war in Ivory Coast which ruined the whole country.
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
      Once you hear the mainstream media calling people insane and crazy then you know you are on to something.
      This may be true as to one to two things, but when EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE is viewed as batshit insane by the rest of the populace, well, that might be a problem. I'm not saying anything, I'm just sayin'...

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

edit
        Last edited by runningman; July 29, 2009, 04:04:08 PM.

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

The average person I speak with on a day-day doesn't even want to talk about how fucked up the world is.
          What a visual:

[Runningman sits down on a subway next to someone]
          RM: Hi, I'd like to talk to you about the problems of the world.
          Stranger: [gets up and changes seats]

Yes, ignorance is bliss -- but has it occurred to you that the horrors of the world and your never-ending pessimism might not be everyone's favorite topic? I prefer to focus upon things a little more upbeat.

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

where are the upbeat topics in the world?

There is a big difference between being scared and being prepared.

What a visual Toasty doing what he does best. Bashing Republicans. Is that where you get your upbeat discussions from? I only see division with all of your topics Toasty. I have news for ya it doesn't matter if it is the Republicans or Democrats in place because the bankers are in control. But follow your bliss I guess. if bashing white hillbilly repubs is where you get your kicks go for it.

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

What.The. Fuck. Are. You. Talking. About?

Dude, when I listen to you blather, I just think to myself: gin rummy. What I mean is this: over the years, I've played an awful lot of gin rummy. Between my grandparents while growing up, coworkers during downtime, college roommates, and even my wife when needing to pass some time, I've played a lot, and I've gotten to be pretty good at it. The people I've played with have also gotten to be pretty good, and I love playing with them because it's very competitive. As with most card games, the more you play, the more you understand the strategy, and the more you're able to predict what your opponent should be doing, and you build your gameplay around that.

You do, however, reach a point where it's tough to play with someone that hasn't played a lot, because their play doesn't make a lot of sense, they don't play the way they "should" and although they're easy prey, it just isn't a lot of fun.

That's how I view your participation in this forum. This has nothing to do with ideology, by the way, it has to do with the fact that you haven't uttered a lucid thought in here for many, many months. As a logically-thinking person, your posts make my brain bleed. Frankly, the fact that you are the same person that developed that Laser-Aid thing, which I think is brilliant, is positively puzzling to me, because your thought structure does not reflect one who is versed in the scientific method.

Your. Arguments. Make. No. Sense. What's worse, they seem to reflect that you are reading words that they rest of us are not -- or, giving you the benefit of every doubt, that you're simply generalizing the things you do read to match whatever bizarre theory you intend to advance.

I dunno, dude. Where's that ignore button again?

Comment

• Miroslav
                WHOA I can change this!1!
                • Apr 2006

where are the upbeat topics in the world?
                There are lots of upbeat topics in the world... if you're not just a bitter, paranoid, pessimistic person.

I have a wonderful girlfriend who I hope to soon make my fiancee. That makes me upbeat.

I have a great family and some important friends that care about me, and who I care about as well. My two little nephews are running around and talking. That makes me upbeat.

I had a fun, relaxing weekend this past week...went to the Monterey Bay area with some folks and chilled on the beach. Awesome seaside brunch. That made me upbeat.

You know, life has never been "easy" or "great". And the sky is not going to fall tomorrow, for God's sake. Get a grip. When has it been so much better? Since the beginning of mankind, you've had thieving, cheating, murdering, adultering, raping, pillaging, etc. Back in the Middle Ages, you had people killing each other in the Crusades and dying right and left of the plague. Before that, you had the Romans going around conquering everyone and Huns and Vikings going around wrecking shit and killing people. Early in the 20th century, you had the Great Depression and a world war. I could go on for the rest of my life about all the crap that people have gone through.

But we're still here and humanity has persevered. If you're a glass half-full kind of guy, then the world has always been and will always be fucked up. And some day, some giant meteor will strike the planet and we'll all be extinct and things will really be fucked up. But until then, there are also good things in the world...if you know where to look.
                mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

^^ Word

Comment

• floridaorange
                    I'm merely a humble butler
                    • Dec 2005

Hawaii again declares Obama birth certificate real

However, Obama's birth certificate along with birth notices from the two Honolulu newspapers were brought forward even before he took office. But that's done nothing to shake the belief by many Obama critics that the president was born abroad.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                      There are lots of upbeat topics in the world... if you're not just a bitter, paranoid, pessimistic person.

I have a wonderful girlfriend who I hope to soon make my fiancee. That makes me upbeat.

I have a great family and some important friends that care about me, and who I care about as well. My two little nephews are running around and talking. That makes me upbeat.

I had a fun, relaxing weekend this past week...went to the Monterey Bay area with some folks and chilled on the beach. Awesome seaside brunch. That made me upbeat.

You know, life has never been "easy" or "great". And the sky is not going to fall tomorrow, for God's sake. Get a grip. When has it been so much better? Since the beginning of mankind, you've had thieving, cheating, murdering, adultering, raping, pillaging, etc. Back in the Middle Ages, you had people killing each other in the Crusades and dying right and left of the plague. Before that, you had the Romans going around conquering everyone and Huns and Vikings going around wrecking shit and killing people. Early in the 20th century, you had the Great Depression and a world war. I could go on for the rest of my life about all the crap that people have gone through.

But we're still here and humanity has persevered. If you're a glass half-full kind of guy, then the world has always been and will always be fucked up. And some day, some giant meteor will strike the planet and we'll all be extinct and things will really be fucked up. But until then, there are also good things in the world...if you know where to look.
                      Thanks for the attitude adjustment guys. And I mean that. I will try to be more upbeat from now on.

Comment

• Miroslav
                        • Apr 2006

^^ Just to be clear: don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to trivialize the problems we have in the world today. There are real threats and we need to seriously do our best to keep working at them. There are definitely a lot of problems with the banking system, among others. All I'm saying is that it will unfortunately always be a never-ending battle...there will always be something bad out there that we have to deal with...and yet we still have to find a way to live a little inbetween all of that. Life is short.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                          I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                          • Mar 2008

in last analysis, the notion of heritage, background and circumstantial birthplaces is irrelevant, imo.

these current events come across as a predicatable transition. but, everything that is transpiring at the moment has already been foreseen. this whole debacle is a joke, and the cops involved are all excessive, and desirous of limelight -- that is all. what a fucking illusion ffs. i could careless, politics is transitory.

the real changes happen on a unseen and long tem level. true growth is slow growth.
                          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Miroslav
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by i!!ustrious
                            in last analysis, the notion of heritage, background and circumstantial birthplaces is irrelevant, imo.
                            There are two theoretical perspectives at play here: your personal opinion of right and wrong in this situation, and the legal precedent as provided by the US Constitution. The two are not necessarily compatible with one another. While I sympathize with your personal opinion from a general practical standpoint, I do think that heritage and citizenship is a relevant issue from a Costitutional standpoint. If I really believed that Obama wasn't a born US citizen, then I would actually be concerned.

Why? Because the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. It requires interpretation, but it should still serve as our guiding set of legal principles in how we run this country. If we were to establish the precedent of just bypassing the articles of the Constitution at will, then that's a problem. If we as a nation can sufficiently determine and agree that heritage / birth / citizenship requirements of the US President are un-Constitutional, then the correct discipline is to propose and pass an amendment to the Constitution.

As an aside...my personal opinion is that some form heritage and citizenship requirements still do more good than harm.

Comment

Working...