X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i!!ustrious
    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
    • Mar 2008

shredding the gnar

there's some serious surf conditions here at the moment. what's a bust is that i'm in a sling due to a torn ac joint in my shoulder, and am pissed i can't go out. any [ms]'ers been doing any kind of boarding at all this summer? i reckon a few of you do.

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: shredding the gnar

Comment

• nick007
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2007

^used to havn't for about 4 years now

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Dhar_2
        meat and potatoes
        • Jun 2004

how are you posting now then???

Comment

• i!!ustrious
          • Mar 2008

lol, slightly funny gnar dhar, and quite clever now get the fuck outta dodge!

---

anyone hear from fabric8 as of late? i think a few of ya florida cats surf a bit. how are those atlantic swells btw?

Originally posted by nick007
          ^used to havn't for about 4 years now
          yeah, i used to take it all seriously back in high school, but now it's become a fun, healing/regenerating therapy for me nowadays, and a highly effective one at that. you should head out sometime man, there's nothing like a nice day out in the ocean with the adrenalin flowing.
          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Haziel
            Likes a finger upthere
            • Jan 2007

I'm Peruvian don't forget that

Comment

• Funky Dredd
              Are you Kidding me??
              • May 2005

You won't catch me in the water here, too many sharks! Shark bite capital of the world where I am. I used to back in my teens but haven't been in quite some time.
              Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

no surfin but climbing...but I know exactly how you feel- have been recovering from a torn tendon since half april, and expect to be dealing with it until well into november. A 6 month+ plan. fuck it.
                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                  • Mar 2008

ahhh that's horrible man, ouch. i do hope you make a full and speedy recovery. rock climbing, nice. you visit the states for some climbing spots recently? i'd like to get into it sometime in the future, is there a lot of training involved at first?

i pulled off a type III separated shoulder while mountain biking about 8 weeks ago, it's healing pretty steady, but the doctor said it will take a full 12-14 weeks - give or take. however, i did forgoe surgery because the military does indeed look down heavily upon those enlisting with past surgical operations. anyways, i'm hoping to make a full recovery as well. best of wishes.

-------

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
                  You won't catch me in the water here, too many sharks! Shark bite capital of the world where I am. I used to back in my teens but haven't been in quite some time.
                  yikes J. yeah, that's probably a good idea! we've had some bad shark attacks out here as of late, but most big sharks are north from my location. i do feel the sand sharks brush up against my feel quite a bit though, it's a trip.
                  (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Yao
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Man that looks bad...the only advice I can give you that I've applied with both this tendon rupture and my pectoralis rupture las year (almost tore my right upper peck in half) is to involve movement of the affected area as much as possible within reason, and within its limits. Brings more blood, oxigen and repair materials to the injured area, but also helps healing it 'in function', meaning you'll retain more functionality than when you simply immobilise your arm in this case...

Climbing is wonderful, especially when taking it outdoors -if all goed well I may be coming to the States next year (finally) and go for a road trip from Miami to Colorado (Durango) to do some climbing and bouldering. Really looking forward to it.

Getting to a skill level that will allow you to pull off some cool stuff does take some time, and a lot of training. Most people will do1 or maybe 2 training sessions a week, I do 3 or sometimes 4 which will take up to competition level within the next 2 years, but that isn't my ambition. I just love getting better at it, hope to be able to do 7a/b by next summer (french ratings).
                    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by i!!ustrious
                      yikes J. yeah, that's probably a good idea! we've had some bad shark attacks out here as of late, but most big sharks are north from my location. i do feel the sand sharks brush up against my feel quite a bit though, it's a trip.
                      Ya it's so bad my son is only 8 and he won't go in the water. I don't blame him either!
                      Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

Working...