• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazell
    Fresh Peossy
    • Feb 2005

Kazell Music Update August

Hey Guys
    Its been a while since I posted here, hope everyone is having a good Summer !

Just a quick update to let you know my remix of Solaris Heights , Rekollection is featured on Dave Seaman's "This is Audio Therapy 2" CD and is available on ITunes (USA) and Beatport (Rest of the World)

Also Dyami Records has signed my Nosamosa Ep - will be out around September featuring remixes from Dubfunk, Android Cartel, and 2 mixes from me. Already getting some plays on John Digweeds Kiss Fm mix and selected DJ's I"ve promo'd to.

Basically I've been really busy in the studio this year and have quite a lot of new material finished.

Looking forward to hear any feedback from my friends at MS !!

There's a couple of other new bits on my sound cloud page too - Add me if you're interested !
    Cheers
    K
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Kazell Music Update August

Any club dates in the near future? Otherwise big up and look forward to the new material.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Kazell
      Fresh Peossy
      • Feb 2005

Hey Antony

The only offers I've had in Vegas recently have been more commercial clubs. I'm not sure if that'll work for my sound tbh. What are the good places pushing our type of music there ?

If not ... I'm always playing in LA. You should come down for a gig, I got your guestlist.

Hope you're well mate
      K

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

^I'd love it if there were some kind of source for downloading a few of your livesets from over the passed 5 years...I've been to several digweed/kazell + mayan theater parties and you are always delivering the best.

Are any of the warm-up sets from Digweed's Mayan sets available?

Good to see you dropping by MS Kazell!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kazell
          Fresh Peossy
          • Feb 2005

Hey man .. Yeah I have a couple for sure.
          I never really posted them as I thought they were a bit chilled out....
          Let me dig them up and I'll sort out some links asap.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

the chilled out mixes are the best ones imo. It's such a shame some of these great warm up sets never see the light of day. One of my fave ever live sets is the warm up phil thompson did for easter bedrock a few years back
            motherlover

Comment

• coleby761
              Are you Kidding me??
              • May 2008

Chilled out is great man please post em up. have loved every live set of yours I've listened to. Thanks

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by coleby761
                chilled out is great man please post em up. Have loved every live set of yours i've listened to. Thanks
                + 1 ..

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

I know that would be greatly appreciated, many members here take those sets pretty seriously, and they always give a superb first impression on how the night is going to be before Digweed gets on...

^Hypoluxxa's Thread

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    I know that would be greatly appreciated, many members here take those sets pretty seriously, and they always give a superb first impression on how the night is going to be before Digweed gets on...

^Hypoluxxa's Thread
                    Thanks for the mention...

Let me know when and if you post your warm up set Kev. I told you they are lush!!! Heather says "Hi" see you soon.

Comment

• |Thrax|
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Mar 2007

Hey Kev, it's Chris.. i'm on here too.

I have a Kazell archive, because my blog has a nifty search.

No set's for download though, i'll leave that up to the man.
                      This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                      Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Kazell
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Feb 2005

I found one its a few years old, but one of my favorites at the Mayan.
                        In 2 parts

Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

Hope you enjoy

Cheers for taking that pic Al !

Comment

• Haziel
                          Likes a finger upthere
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Kazell
                          Dude you actually do exist?

Does haziel sound like kazell , I have a kiss transitions show where digweed introduces you and your name sounds like mine....hehehe I get shivers all over my spine everytime i hear it

Anyway congrats dude , for keeping the l.a scene real

cheers mate

Comment

• WilDFire
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

Holy Shit! I can't believe you posted some Mayan sets Kevin - you are the MAN! I moved to Chicago from LA many years ago but I used to buy vinyl Global Grooves ALL the time. Seems like forever ago - but i am so pumped that your tunes are getting the respekt they deserve. Congrats and please keep up the good work. And come out to Chicago too please!

Cheers,
                            Alex
                            Music makes the soul strong.

Comment

• Kazell
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Feb 2005

Hey Haziel Yep do really exist LOL
                              and I thought my name was really unique. Hope things are good in Toronto

Alex u just missed me I was in Chicago just a couple of weeks ago at Griffin Lounge w Mazi. Hope to be back soon - I'm listed on facebook as Kevin Bazell and usually post all my dates there. Hit me up !

Enjoy the mix

K

Comment

Working...