X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

C Street

Watched Bill Maher last night and he had a very interesting interview with Jeff Sharlet, a journalist who went inside C Street, and wrote a book entitled "The Family".

Some very scary stuff... according to Sharlet, C Street is lobbying for mega churches inside military bases here in the US... ?

Apparently they believe that Jesus and god himself put specific people in power for a reason... eg, Hitler, Bush, politicians in general.. it is all about power. They believe that if you are in a position of power, that is god's will and whatever you do with that power, whether it is kill millions of people or whatever, it is god's will...

Seems like some kind of cult that is flying under the radar and is even being furthered by various senators, both republican and democrat, etc.

This is the first time I have heard of such a group other than casual mentions here and there and to be honest, this freaks me the fuck out.

here is a LVSun interview with Scarlet: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...oors-c-street/

Thoughts? Insights?
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Re: C Street

I dunno about this... sounds like the guy just read the DaVinci Code.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• superdave
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I saw the interview on Maher as well and almost seemed unbelievable. Especially the part about where if you are chosen then normal rules don't apply. The example used was one guy said as long as he was chosen then raping 4 year old girls was okay since the normal rules don't apply.

I'm skeptical of that story and the guy interviewed. Probably some truth, but seems like the truth is being stretched. If true, then yes pretty scary group of people. Sounds cultish.
      Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Shpira
        Angry Boy Child
        • Oct 2006

Well if he is prepared to name names of congressmen in his "expose" there must be some truth in what he is saying?
        Very scary shit...I always felt that religion is not for everybody.
        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
          This is the first time I have heard of such a group other than casual mentions here and there and to be honest, this freaks me the fuck out.
          This isn't really new, but it's definitely gotten more press of late since prominent C- streeters like John Ensign and Mark Sanford (and somewhat less prominent Chip Pickering) have all gotten busted for cheating on their wives. From the various info I've seen, I don't think these guys are out raping 4 year olds because they think they can -- I imagine there is a little hyperbole there for the sake of impact -- but I don't have any problem believing that they have this group that has left them all with a bit of a God complex and/or feeling they are above the law. People that become Senators, Reps and Governors are no shrinking violets anyway, and when you get a bunch of powerful people together telling each other how awesome they are and mix in a healthy dose of religious zealotry, it's not hard to imagine how a sense of God-given entitlement might develop.

Remember when Nixon said (paraphrasing) "When the President does it, it's not illegal?" Same basic mindset at work, I suspect.

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
            This isn't really new, but it's definitely gotten more press of late since prominent C- streeters like John Ensign and Mark Sanford (and somewhat less prominent Chip Pickering) have all gotten busted for cheating on their wives. From the various info I've seen, I don't think these guys are out raping 4 year olds because they think they can -- I imagine there is a little hyperbole there for the sake of impact -- but I don't have any problem believing that they have this group that has left them all with a bit of a God complex and/or feeling they are above the law. People that become Senators, Reps and Governors are no shrinking violets anyway, and when you get a bunch of powerful people together telling each other how awesome they are and mix in a healthy dose of religious zealotry, it's not hard to imagine how a sense of God-given entitlement might develop.

Remember when Nixon said (paraphrasing) "When the President does it, it's not illegal?" Same basic mindset at work, I suspect.
            there is a big difference between stroking each others shafts and lobbying for mega churches on military bases.

i know there is no shortage of pro-catholic agenda's with our troops overseas and i think its a huge huge HUGE mistake. i am a huge believer in separation of church and state and it seams the USA is heading into totally the opposite direction with respect to it.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Miroslav
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ddr
              there is a big difference between stroking each others shafts and lobbying for mega churches on military bases.

i know there is no shortage of pro-catholic agenda's with our troops overseas and i think its a huge huge HUGE mistake. i am a huge believer in separation of church and state and it seams the USA is heading into totally the opposite direction with respect to it.
              Don't worry. I really doubt that the US government is not going to become some sort of a strange Christian cult that forces everyone to say the rosary 10 times a day and writes the Pope into the Constitution. They don't really worship God anyways; they worship the almighty dollar, and that is what ultimately influences policy anyways. I'd be more concerned about that.

And as far as politicians being swayed by religious opinions, do you really think they need some frat house in DC in order to do that? Turn on C-Span, and you can witness all kinds of representatives from places like East Jesus, Mississippi (mostly Republicans) saying all kinds of things tinged with kooky religious rhetoric. This is nothing new. Why? Because they ultimately serve at the pleasure of their constituents, who are mostly crazy-ass religious right nutcases. This is part of the reason why the GOP looks the way it does today.

Comment

• Miroslav
                • Apr 2006

on a somewhat related note... all of these Jesus-loving, hand-wringing, family-values politicians at their prayer houses can just STFU because we all know that as soon as they're out of camera they've got their pants around their ankles, bonking some ho like this guy:

He wasn't at the C Street place, but three of those saints over there have already just recently being outed for cheating on their wives.

Why do they even bother to pretend?

Comment

Working...