X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neoee
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Free yearly credit report.

Last year legislation was passed requiring all 3 credit agencies provide people with their credit historys, once a year, for free. Starting yesterday you could get yours. Here's the link with information from the Federal Trade Commission's site: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcam...ee_reports.htm

Here's the link to get your credit reports (free, and with no catch!):

Western states can begin requesting on Dec. 1st while central and eastern states will be a bit later (Sept. 1st at the latest). See FTC.gov for more info.
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin
  • san
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

well i'm on the east coast so that sux.
    poop on you

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

thanks neoee. been putig this off too long.

Comment

• dtgunslinger
        Addiction started
        • Nov 2004

My credit is so bad I really do not care anymore.
        Not living my life to see if I get into heaven or hell, just how long I'll have to spend in purgatory.

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

^^you should to a degree...

I got mine a few months back (still was able to get it for free), and had some old credit card accounts from college that I had never used...you know you sign up, get the free shirt, etc., then chuck the card when it comes.

Took 'em right off...too bad too, I had about $20K total running on credit... But would have probably abused the hell out of them

Silly as it sounds, it's good to just check once or twice...but if something's wrong, fix it. It seriously can affect you down the road for loans and mortgages for a new car, new house, etc.

Safe to say my score rocks...and I don't have any credit cards!!

On a side note with that, thanks to my new retail job, I scratch my head at all these credit cards people sometimes have...no wonder everyone's so deep in debt they can't get out of it!!
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• xeb
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Re: Free yearly credit report.

you guys are lucky... wish they'd do that here

strongly recommend everyone gets a copy of their credit report as soon as they can now its free. even if you think you have good credit. i thougth i had perfect credit - always pay every bill on time, ?10,000 credit limit over 2 cards and always paid off in full each month.... but was recently turned down for a mobile phone contract
            after paying ?20 or so to get my credit report it turns out the fucking credit agency has me listed as having "poor" credit because i had recently moved and all my credit cards and other shit was still registered with them at the old address. top that off with the fact i hadn't yet gotten on the electroral role at the new place (in the 3 weeks i'd been there ) meant i came up as a high credit risk. fucking madness
            www.nigelmarcussen.com
            www.tribalis-totalis.com

Comment

Working...