X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: Town Halls Turn into Town Mess

here we go with the Democrats are so smart and the republicans are so stupid talk.

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman
      here we go with the Democrats are so smart and the republicans are so stupid talk.
      Since you seem to be having difficulty reading and are implying that I eat up everything Obama and the Democrats have proposed, let me try to help you.

Originally posted by Miroslav
      I'm fine with this version of the reform not passing. But it would have been valuable to have a productive discussion about the core issues within the current system that are causing costs to skyrocket and increasing millions of Americans to be left without coverage, because it could have perhaps provided the opportunity to fix Obama's plan into something that could actually work. I don't think that's going to happen now for another decade or so, and so we'll all suffer with the status quo system.
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Also people who don't read shoud be excluded of discussions.

@Dave: Miro already reacting aptly on your reaction to my post. The contents of Obama's bill are of secondary importance to me, it's exactly the uninformed rhetorics in the townhalls that struck me. I stand by what I said.
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• superdave
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Yao - people should be excluded who haven't read the bill or key points. That makes sense. However, many Congressmen had admitted to not reading the bill, but were ready to vote to pass it. This is one of the complaints of the town hall protesters. They had chanted "Read the bill" at these town hall meetings.
          Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• superdave
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
            If they were smart enough to do that, we wouldn't have had this moronic national debate about fantasy things that are clearly not in the bill to begin with.

Yes, involvement by all sides is great if those involved: (1) know what the fuck they're talking about, and (2) actually want to have a real discussion instead of disrupt shit and hold a contest as to who can scream over the other person the loudest.

I'm fine with this version of the reform not passing. But it would have been valuable to have a productive discussion about the core issues within the current system that are causing costs to skyrocket and increasing millions of Americans to be left without coverage, because it could have perhaps provided the opportunity to fix Obama's plan into something that could actually work. I don't think that's going to happen now for another decade or so, and so we'll all suffer with the status quo system.
            Since you don't like this bill then it will be looked at more carefully and we may get an even better bill now. I would like to see some health care reform too, but I think it's important to take our time and get a good bill.

I listened to a Congressman, a Democrat even, say this morning that his town hall was a good discussion. There was no yelling and he noted that most of what you see on the news are the unruly town halls. Not all the town halls are out of control with yelling. The media is covering the yelling and screaming at the town halls more than the town halls with good discussions.
            Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao

Also people who don't read shoud be excluded of discussions.

@Dave: Miro already reacting aptly on your reaction to my post. The contents of Obama's bill are of secondary importance to me, it's exactly the uninformed rhetorics in the townhalls that struck me. I stand by what I said.
              What else Yao people who don't have blue eyes and blonde hair should be put down or what??

Obama's bill is of secondary importance??? That is the reason for the rhetoric.

Miro saying "score one for the millions of idiots" wasn't the best language on a debate.

Comment

• Miroslav
                • Apr 2006

Miro saying "score one for the millions of idiots" wasn't the best language on a debate.
                Yeah, thanks for that touching reminder, runningman. Those are very credible words coming from a person who likes to talk about "ass raping" people during discussions and who said this to someone on the forum just the other day:
                HOW MUCH CLEARER CAN I MAKE THIS CJ??? YOU ARE RETARDED!!
                The town halls for healthcare that have been happening across the US have been a mess to say the least. The American people are waking up to the idea that the US gov't is not working for the American people. The town halls have been met with boos' and heckling. Footage below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UonyBfwQaio

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

well don't tell other people to bring out the facts when your are wrong about yours thats all.

That was a heated argument i think we all said stupid stuff.

Reagan

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Miroslav
                    • Apr 2006

well don't tell other people to bring out the facts when your are wrong about yours thats all.
                    Once again... Aside from the AARP comment, which was hardly even important to my overall point, the rest of my post was accurate. There was no way for me to independently verify the AARP comment beyond what I could find in the media at the time (the rebuttal statement by the AARP came out subsequently); but everyone in the "death panel" camp could have independently verified what was in the bill (it's online and everyone can look that passage up in about 30 seconds). And as it turns out, I was still right in saying that the AARP supported the "death panel" proposal within the overall bill. My point still stands, and you're wrong in repeatedly insisting that it negates everything else.

That was a heated argument i think we all said stupid stuff.
                    speak for yourself.

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave
                      Yao - people should be excluded who haven't read the bill or key points. That makes sense. However, many Congressmen had admitted to not reading the bill, but were ready to vote to pass it. This is one of the complaints of the town hall protesters. They had chanted "Read the bill" at these town hall meetings.
                      They are completely correct in demanding that, it should be a given that politicians who decide over an act or bill should know its contents -for the same reason I am still incredibly pissed off with my traitor government who signed the Lisbon treaty, which is in effect still a European Constitution without having ever read the text. We, as a nation, have been sold out so these leeches can move on to a european political career once theit national career is over. So trust me, I completely understand that sentiment.

The problem though is, that by making these claims about death panels these people at the same time discredit themselves because as Miroslav pointed out, they can independently verify for themselves that there is no such thing in the act. So I highly doubt whether they have done any reading themselves, hence my comment.

Yesterday night I had a discussion about this with an American friend of mine who studies archaeology here and he gave me something interesting to think about: people are shouting about death panels, but looking at how insurance companies arbitrarily deny (in many cases life-saving) treatment to insured people, aren't they the real death panels? Indeed, these applications are in fact reviewed by a panel of medical and other experts. Standard routine in insurance, but something to remember when your govt is trying to create a health insurance system that restricts such powers in insurance companies.

I'm not saying you should vote in the bill, because there may still be a lot wrong with it and Obama needs to do his homework as well rather than just slapping a half-baked initiative in your face. Just giving you something to consider here .
                      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...