Fatboy Slim robbed in Naples, Italy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Fatboy Slim robbed in Naples, Italy

First Lawler beeing forced to play now Fatboy Slim was robbed. Beeing a DJ seems to be quite dangerous nowadays....

"Dance supremo Fatboy Slim was robbed at gunpoint by a vicious Mafia gangster during a recent DJ gig in Naples, Italy. Fatboy was rehearsing for a nightclub performance in the Campania city, unaware it had been organised by members of the local Camorra.

Cook explains, "It was a s**tty gig in Naples and no one knew who we were. We'd sold seven tickets. "We said to the promoter, who was a member of the Mafia, 'You know what? Shall we just cancel the gig - it's not really working is it?' "They said, 'Fine, you cancel the gig, but your equipment's staying here,' and then they put a gun to my head. They were taking all our stuff, but I wasn't arguing. Once you've had a gun to your head, everything else seems really trivial."

His Italian trip wasn't the only time Cook came into contact with a pistol - he was confronted by a gunman during a working holiday in Barbados with English TV presenter Jayne Middlemiss. Cook laments, "All of a sudden two blokes came in shooting and I was s**tting my pants. The two of us were under the table thinking, 'So what do you give them? I've only got a packet of fags (cigarettes).' "Luckily my manager has a Rolex. They couldn't believe it - they were like, 'F**king hell, it's a real one.' They were really made up. And that was scary."

Source: http://au.launch.yahoo.com/041202/10/2bqv.html
  • Digger
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2004

Re: Fatboy Slim robbed in Naples, Italy

holy shit....seems that djs need to take classes of karate or something......or instead of headphones a gun, ros something.....weird world we lived...
    https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

That really sucks. Luckily they let him go for just his equipment. Nice to see the attitude he had about it; some people who are so egotistical would've tried to put up a fight and gotten their brains blown out.
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

daaaaamn... that must be quite a sight, seeing a gun placed on your head. I'm sure I'd be all pissed at first if anybody put a gun to my head, but after realizing they mean business I'd simmer down real quick.

let's not forget about moby's beatdown incident, too

Comment

• Bender420
          Tickle me Elmo!
          • Jun 2004

naples is a crazy place
          Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• beto
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

looks like he really needs a new manager

Comment

• Pataky P
              asdf_imo
              • Jun 2004

I like the Their music!!!!Thanks the links and the news!!

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

they should have done us a favor!

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                  they should have done us a favor!
                  Strike one.
                  A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• whirk
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Nov 2004

i was robbed @ knifepoint for a buck once. "i was like all i have is a $1 - see?"

called the cops and they were all over the area and on him within minutes.

Comment

• elhadley
                      Addiction started
                      • Nov 2004

that really sucks :cry:
                      There is no funk without the bass.

Comment

• tien
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jul 2004

WTF, that is fuckin gay

Comment

• TomTom
                          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by Pataky P?l
                          I like the Their music!!!!Thanks the links and the news!!
                          If you don't understand a word everything is great news I guess.

Comment

• Dajshin
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

This really suxx. Do Dj's have to wear Bulletproof vest nowadays. In what kind of World do we live. That's really sad.

Comment

• wonk
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Oct 2004

he can well afford new equipment anyways. his shite new album was prob the reason for gun to the head!

Comment

Working...