X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

How is MS Land?

wow, been out for quite some time now, maybe not as much as Mr Admin, but I used to prowl around these parts everysingle day since the date on my avatar.

Mainly reading, laughing, sharing, caring, typing up some drunk shit due to Margarita Friday lunches during work.

Anyway; my wife and I purchased a home this past April. I can't beleive it. During these so called tough times, I can say we're doing pretty good since getting married. The house is coming along pretty well. Been spending some $$ adding our personal taste to it.

I haven't had any time to surf the web like before. Havent really touched my music either. Been wanting to but house duties call. Jon; I know you know what that's like! All this and we don't even have kids!

Im afraid I might lose all interest in all this because of my current life situation. It really sucks that I dont have any time like I used to. Slowly; Im drifting away from all this electronic music, downloading, mixiing, message board activity, etc.

Am I just getting old? When I was about 16, I thought I would never reach 30 yrs of age and now Im going on 34 this December. fuck me.

Its a crazy time. Now, I can't picture myself 50 with grown teenagers... a scary thought indeed.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by this quiet Friday night and say hello to my favorite site on the internet.

Until another quiet Friday rolls around.

Al aka BureOne oUt!
    Last edited by BureOne; September 3, 2009, 05:04:59 PM.

• etincelles
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2005

Re: How is MS Land?

Last edited by etincelles; April 19, 2010, 01:26:42 PM.

Comment

• bobjuice
      Banned
      • May 2008

Hello mr Bure - we were talking about you not so long ago - were your ears burning?
      Sounds like things are good for you - nice one!

Good to hear you're growing older gracefully ha ha.

A mix would be nice though when you get a break from the diy??

Look after yourself yeah?

best wishes

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

It's great to hear from you...definitely seems like married life is treating you well

I hate to say it, but I think all of us at one point or another will slowly drift away from the scene or message boards, due to other life happenings as you say.

With that said though....I feel a community like ours is a little family and that no matter how long you have ventured away, when you return for a visit you will be welcomed with open arms and it will still feel like home
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Funky Dredd
          Are you Kidding me??
          • May 2005

Originally posted by BureOne

I haven't had any time to surf the web like before. Havent really touched my music either. Been wanting to but house duties call. Jon; I know you know what that's like! All this and we don't even have kids!
          Oh man do I ever! I always have to wait until everyone goes to bed before I can do anything! But that is the beauty of it because it is my time.

Don't worry about drifting, it happens. It's not because your old, your priorities have changed a little. Soon my priorities will change too! But you can still check your email

You owe me some pictures btw

I miss you around here, so please drop in from time to time. Oh and just in case you forgot what I said a few sentences up, check your email occasionally!!!!
          Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

wutup Al. i fucking miss you man, was actually asking about you the other day. glad to hear from ya.

i wont be on the net like i've been for much longer. i'm living in interpretation at this point of crossroads in my life right now, but i've resolved to stand strong, and strive forward no matter what befalls me in my outer life.

whatever happens, or whatever our responsibilities demand of us, or whatever stage we all be in... just remember that you're a fucking champion in whatever you do B. its great to know you; do keep in touch, and i hope to see you around in LA sometime.

stay up and best of wishes homie!

- wo3 aka matt
            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

Hey BureOne my daughter is turning 11 in december and i'm 41 this year. You gonna love the children experience when it happens!
              Good to hear from you again

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

Hey Al, new phases can be a bit of fun, get everything dialed in, we will still be here waiting for the next new set, take care.
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• phazon
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nick007
                  Hey BureOne my daughter is turning 11 in december and i'm 41 this year. You gonna love the children experience when it happens!
                  Good to hear from you again
                  +1, I never thought I was ready for it, now my boy is 8 months and I'm thinking 'why the fuck didn't I do this when I was 25?'

However - before you do it, we need some more of your mixes! You have some sweet tunes and mixing skills my friend
                  ----------------------------

Comment

• BureOne
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Hey! thanks for the comments everyone! I miss this place and all the shit. miss my homies!

Looking forward to being back here on a regular basis; browsing, reading, downloading typing wasted during margarita lunch timez!

btw Jon, here are a couple of pics of the living room and pool. I posted my partial set up at Caley's latest mcast thread.

oh and the set you sent me "In the city" is dope, nice length time as well!

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

^I dig the new setup man... very nice.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by BureOne
                        Hey! thanks for the comments everyone! I miss this place and all the shit. miss my homies!

Looking forward to being back here on a regular basis; browsing, reading, downloading typing wasted during margarita lunch timez!

btw Jon, here are a couple of pics of the living room and pool. I posted my partial set up at Caley's latest mcast thread.

oh and the set you sent me "In the city" is dope, nice length time as well!
                        That's nice! I have the same type/color flooring in my living room area. I'd love to have a pool but I'm not sure if I would have the time to maintain it. Between work dropping my son off at school, karate and Cub Scouts I'm not too sure where I could fit that in? It seems in the last couple of weeks just trying to sit down to do some mixing is getting harder and harder.

Glad you liked the set as well. Some of those tracks were a pain in the ass to mix but it turned out well (I think).

I'll be checking the setup too

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• BureOne
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          ^I dig the new setup man... very nice.
                          thanks!!

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
                          That's nice! I have the same type/color flooring in my living room area. I'd love to have a pool but I'm not sure if I would have the time to maintain it. Between work dropping my son off at school, karate and Cub Scouts I'm not too sure where I could fit that in? It seems in the last couple of weeks just trying to sit down to do some mixing is getting harder and harder.

Glad you liked the set as well. Some of those tracks were a pain in the ass to mix but it turned out well (I think).

I'll be checking the setup too
                          yup, maintaining that pool has been a bitch for sure! gotta brush it, vacuum it, test the water add chemicals.. its a paiin. I spend more time cleaning it than actually swimming in it. But when I do, its so refreshing.

Didn't realize how much work it takes maintaing a home; but its definitely a nice feeling.

looking forward to being more active around the internetz!

your mix did work out well, you mastered them tracks!

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • May 2005

And that is the reason why I don't have a pool, way too much time that I don't have!

Comment

• floridaorange
                              I'm merely a humble butler
                              • Dec 2005

At least in socal you can have a pool without a screen. In Florida there are too many Oaks (at least in my area) and wind and storms that pools get filled with leaves real quick.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...