• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ENNISELLIS
    Addiction started
    • May 2008

Radio 1 Line Up Changes

Full story at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...0/radio1.shtml

REALLY suprised Pete Tong swapping with Annie Mac so she gets the prime time Friday evening slot. Is she really that big a draw? She seems to be another one of these DJs who Radio 1 seem to constantly ram down your throat at every opportunity. Don't get me wrong, she's a perfectly decent DJ, but bigger than Tong? I think not.

And it looks as though Rob Da Bank & Friends is no more, as Rob seems to be moving to Saturday 5 to 7am - a cut from 4 hours to 2. A shame - after the Essential Mix and Gilles Peterson, that was Radio 1's best show. Wonderfully eclectic shows - especially the AtoZs.

Radio 1's slide into irrelevancy continues. Sad to see - in the mid to lat 90s it was the best station in the world. Time Andy Parfitt was moved on - as if the boneheaded idea of putting all the dance shows on a single night wasn't idiotic enough, every revamp since 2004 seems to be one more suicidal move after another.
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Radio 1 Line Up Changes

Radio 1 is getting worse for EDM ... the fact that they let Zane Low Dj says it all.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Shpira
      Angry Boy Child
      • Oct 2006

I think there is a lack of unknown high quality dj's on Radio 1 personally...I would like to see them digging up some obscure names who play amazing music. As far as Annie Mac is concerned I really really hate her show. It pisses me off how much she loves the sound of her own voice...some people actually listen to the radio for the music not to hear her blabber on.
      The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
      Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

pete has been on at 7pm on a friday for about 15 years tho
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• chunky
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
          pete has been on at 7pm on a friday for about 15 years tho
          Its a bit shit for his Friday night gigs if hes got the 9 till 11 slot. I bet he has to turn down some work, unless hes not doing the show live..
          Originally posted by res0nat0r
          OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
            Addiction started
            • May 2008

Originally posted by simonr
            Radio 1 is getting worse for EDM ... the fact that they let Zane Low Dj says it all.
            The irony is he inherited Steve Lamacq's timeslot. Lamacq is a far, far superior DJ and is now being shown the door. The price of now being over 40. I thought age descrimination wasn't allowed in the workplace anymore.

The statement says it all - they want to attract a younger audience. I fail to see how anyone can stomach to listen to daytime Radio 1 these days. The music selection is so narrow and little different from most regional stations. As if age has anything to do with being in touch with youth. Good old Peelie (God rest his soul) had the highest listenership in the 16-24 age bracket when he was still around - a source of constant embarrassment to the higher ups who seemed incapable of working out why.

But maybe I'm just showing my age

Comment

Working...