X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
    Saw them about a month ago and was very pleased. Ali (in typical fashion) put on a better show than Sharam but all-in-all both sets were very, very good. Most of the track selection was pretty dark and kept me moving literally all night long. Enjoy the 6 hours, we only got them for about 2.5 here.
    You talking about the House of Blues??? If so I was there too, they rocked the fucking house that night,

I have seen "Deep Dish" like 5 times and it's been Sharam only, so it was nice to finally get to see Ali. I thought they were both on it that night. Set was kinda short, but sweet. Definetly worth the 2.5 hour drive.

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by _evangelion_
      You talking about the House of Blues??? If so I was there too, they rocked the fucking house that night,
      That's the one and I couldn't agree with you more. It is a shame it was such a short set, but so it goes in this shithole of a state.
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Yeah...you learn to take what you can get. But then the conference rolls around and makes up for it all.

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

Yeah...you learn to take what you can get. But then the conference rolls around and makes up for it all.
          Very true. Where do you live? Jacksonville? I'm trying ot calculate 2.5 hours in my head!

Comment

• evangelion
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Re: Anyone have seen DD lately?

Yeah...Orange Park is about 15-20 miles south of Jacksonville. It takes 2.5 hours cause it is all the way on the south edge of Orlando. The drive from the beginning of Orlando to the Downtown Disney exit is like 25-35 minutes alone.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Yeah...Orange Park is about 15-20 miles south of Jacksonville. It takes 2.5 hours cause it is all the way on the south edge of Orlando. The drive from the beginning of Orlando to the Downtown Disney exit is like 25-35 minutes alone.
              Yeah, I'm familiar with Orange Park. Had a couple really good friends that were managers at the Best Buy there. Buddy of mine lives on the NE side of Jax off of 9A. I was just up there and he and I went to the air show at the Navy base (he's in the Navy and really wanted to see the Blue Angels).

Comment

• evangelion
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Oh yes...I know that Best Buy veeeeeery well.

Did you try to make Zabiela last night? I had full plans on going but totally forgot the Jag game was the same night.

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

Did you try to make Zabiela last night? I had full plans on going but totally forgot the Jag game was the same night.
                  No. I had two finals today so I couldn't make it. I had plans to go up to Atlanta to see him Saturday night but it all fell through because of work. Definitely won't miss him at WMC though. I'm planning on coming up there for Jondi & Spesh in January and now Brian Ffar & Earth Dueley in February.

Comment

• evangelion
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Both of those at the Blue Room? Didn't know about either of them but it's nice to know there are more good shows coming (if they are here, that is).

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

Jondi & Spesh @ Eclate

Brian Ffar & Earth Dueley not sure where (Brian posted about it)

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

Dude, Tyler Stadius totally and in every way destroys Jondi and Spesh.

Dude is in my top 5 for live shows. fuggin amazing record collection.

as for SleepDish...um, no thanks.

Comment

• skahound
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                          Dude, Tyler Stadius totally and in every way destroys Jondi and Spesh.

Dude is in my top 5 for live shows. fuggin amazing record collection.
                          Yeah, but I'm out of town that weekend. Which actually sucks because I just missed him in Tampa last month. Don't worry, I'm getting my tech fix with Ffar and Dueley.

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

dude, FFAR fucking ROX!!!

i brought Ffar and Mnooking to STL to Velvet back in september, one of the best nights that club has seen. fucking amazing.

put your gritty shoes on, it's gonna get dirty!!

we recorded the set from that night, it's floating around, if not, pm me and i'll sort you out with a copy.

Comment

• skahound
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                              we recorded the set from that night, it's floating around, if not, pm me and i'll sort you out with a copy.
                              Yeah, I grabbed that a couple of weeks ago and it's been sitting in the Ipod. I've made it through a good portion and it's in-fucking-credible. Can't wait to catch him in February. And from the looks of things he'll be back at WMC hopefully.

Comment

• evangelion
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

Nice...I haven't made it to Eclate yet but I'll definetly check it out.

Cool flyer BTW.

Comment

Working...