• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Re: 3,000 days and counting... the lonely life of Brian

Originally posted by runningman
    Miro when would a protest be in order? How would you go about protesting? Have you ever been to a protest?
    A protest is in order whenever someone feels like it - I'm not trying to tell people what to do.

If I was protesting something, I would probably want it to be something visible and in large numbers, as well as something that has a credible support to it in terms of spokespeople, a petition, etc. You might be interested to know that a protest liberated my homeland from Communism. In large enough numbers, it really can make sense. Something like a big union strike can also be effective in its goals.

I'm not much into one-off circus theatrics out of symbolism or principle, like setting myself on fire or sitting on a street corner for eight years. Or just me and two buddies carrying signs around on the streets all day.

I haven't been to a protest in years; honestly, I don't feel I have all that much to personally protest about in my life right now. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the fact that the economy imploded, that a bunch of rich people got off free. I don't like the wars, either. But I can't spend all day, every day protesting for all of the unfairness in the world. If the economic gears are turning, if society is intact, if basic liberties are still intact, if most people can still make of their lives what they wish and earn a living through daily work...then honestly it's probably enough to keep me off the picketing lines. Not saying it's perfect, but that's life.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

Brian Haw is dead RIP. What we do in life echoes in eternity
      Originally posted by res0nat0r
      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

RIP Brian Haw. We appreciate you giving your lifes blood toward making this world a more peaceful place.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• bobjuice
          Banned
          • May 2008

A man with the courage of his convictions, RIP

Comment

• chunky
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jan 2006

I never realised he started protesting outside Parliament in June 2001

Originally posted by res0nat0r
            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

A thread with Miroslav in it.. Wow him and Toasty sure did take off from MS eh? With track records like theirs no wonder.. Reso look to Miroslav you and him are the same person.

Comment

Working...