• Show
Clear All
  • fyrestarter
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2009

Rip dj am

just heard DJ AM died

from tmz.com

Sources tell us he was found in his apartment at around 5:20 PM. We're told drug paraphernalia was found at the scene.

Our sources say DJ AM had not been seen or heard from for a few days -- one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door.

We're told the friend called the police, who broke down the door and then found DJ AM's body.

Back in September of 2008, DJ AM and Travis Barker survived a plane crash in South Carolina. Four people died in the crash -- which was caused when the airplane aborted takeoff and then ran off the runway. DJ AM and Barker were the only survivors.

Story developing...
    Last edited by fyrestarter; August 28, 2009, 07:53:56 PM. Reason: news source
    I wonder if this new healthcare thing covers my pre-existing condition: AWESOMENESS.
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Rip dj am

just heard about this, sucks, wonder if he was on pain meds after the crash and that had something to do with it
    could have been feeling some sort of guilt after surviving too and was possibly dealing with depression

R.I.P.

Comment

• fyrestarter
      Gold Gabber
      • Feb 2009

hung out with him before and during his set at rain just last friday... actually the first time i've seen him play without travis barker... and last
      I wonder if this new healthcare thing covers my pre-existing condition: AWESOMENESS.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

travis barker is the douche-bag who filled in for the true-school punk-rock drummer that left blink 182 cos they sold out into weaksauce.

aside from that though,

rip dj am.
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Funky Dredd
          Are you Kidding me??
          • May 2005

I wonder if the meds made him depressed?

It's always sad to hear something like this.
          Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• superdave
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

RIP - very sad. The news is now saying he apparently died from a prescription drug overdose at his Soho apartment. Sounds similar to Heath Ledger dying last year in Manhattan.
            Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• day_for_night
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

uhh they found a crack pipe. i wouldn't pile up the sympathy just yet....

Comment

• ddr
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                that is my thinking... i don't have much respect or sympathy for people that use hardcore drugs, but thats me.

druggie is a druggie, no matter what the popularity or the money involved.
                "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

Seemed like a seriously troubled soul, this news frankly does not shock me.

RIP

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• fyrestarter
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Feb 2009

Final Destination 4 came out today...

the palms tonight:

dj booth at rain (had weekly residency):

Please Read

December 30, 2008
                    Hello All -
                    Normally I don't feel like I NEED to make a statement like this, but after I read some recently reported untruths I feel like I have to. I want to take a second to address the hurtful posts and clear up any misunderstandings any of you may have about my law suit. I would NEVER sue the deceased pilots' estates or personal holdings. I am more than grateful that I survived this horrible accident and I'd never try to take anything from those that didn't. Despite the misinterpretations of the lawsuit, this suit is against the insurance companies that insured the pilots. I'm not after Sarah's or James' personal estates nor their property. Everyone involved in this suit has suffered a great deal, and I would not do anything to make matters worse for the deceased family and friends. Daily I live with the guilt and grief of what happened that night, what I saw, who was lost and why I was spared. I have no words to express the pain that comes with knowing four people died, while I lived.
                    Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein
                    Their shows together were pretty sick. They have 2 "mixtapes" up for download on their site: http://www.trvsdjam.com/

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Never heard of him. Will need to check out those mixtapes.
                      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• chanty
                        John, John, where art thou!
                        • Jun 2004

Rip DJ AM! What a life!
                        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                          i'm sure he was on some serious pain meds after the accident.. i'm also thinking depression had something to do with

the survivor of the 4 guys that got caught in the gulf of mexico earlier this year is going thru some serious shit after being the only survivor.. so, dont jump on the assumption wagon either

Comment

• fyrestarter
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Feb 2009

he just finished doing a show for mtv about drugs and addictions and im sure that affected him too

his last interview:

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

Comment

• floridaorange
                              I'm merely a humble butler
                              • Dec 2005

He strikes me as a very "me" centered person, which years of drug addiction tends to afflict upon a young man and can lead a person down a very dark path and in this case clearly his demise, unfortunately.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...