• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

DJ AM Found Dead in Manhattan

**DUPLICATE THREAD**

Goldstein was found wearing sweatpants and no shirt, and a crack pipe was found in his apartment, law-enforcement sources said.

Celebrity disk-jockey DJ AM was found dead in SoHo Friday afternoon. He was 36 years old.
    The body of DJ AM, born Adam Goldstein, was found on the seventh floor of an apartment building at 210 Lafayette Street, law-enforcement sources said.

Goldstein, along with former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, barely escaped death in a small plane crash in South Carolina on Sept. 19, 2008. That incident left him badly burned, but four others died in the accident.

The details of his demise are still unclear, but police sources said investigators are looking into the possibility of a drug overdose, as drug paraphernalia was found near his body. Goldstein was found wearing sweatpants and no shirt, and a crack pipe was found in his apartment, law-enforcement sources said. Officially there is no crimanility suspected.

DJ AM had not been heard from for a few days, and one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door, law-enforcement sources said. The friend then called the police, who broke into the apartment at about 5:30 p.m. Friday and found the DJ's body.

His publicist, Jenny Weinman, later released a statement saying: "Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein was found deceased this afternoon in his New York City apartment. The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear. Out of respect for his family and loved ones, please respect their privacy at this time."

Goldstein, originally from Philadelphia, was briefly engaged to reality TV star Nicole Richie in 2005.
    He threw out the first pitch for a Mets game on August 23rd, and his last Twitter post on Aug. 25 said "New York, New York big City of dreams, but everything in new york ain't always what it seems."

According to Goldstein's MySpace page, he was supposed to be performing at the club Rain in Las Vegas Friday night.

Barker's ex-wife, Playmate Shanna Moakler, wrote of DJ AM's death, also on Twitter. "My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends," she said.

Goldstein, who battled drug-addiction, obesity and depression as a youth, was reportedly set to star in an MTV reality show about teen interventions.

As a kid “I heard the word fat floating in my head at all times," Goldstein told Glamour Magazine two years ago. "I was probably destined to be a drug addict. I grew up in Philadelphia with a father who seemed to hate me: The verbal abuse he subjected me to was unbelievably cruel. I would find out later that there was a good reason my father was so tortured -- he was secretly gay and addicted to drugs."

MTV had reportedly shot eight episodes of "Gone Too Far," according to "Extra TV," which interviewed Goldstein in July. A rep for MTV had no comment as to whether the show will go on.
    Extra reported that Goldstein took the upcoming project so seriously he even turned to his own blog, at djam.com/blog, in June to find people for the show.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • i!!ustrious
    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
    • Mar 2008

Re: DJ AM Found Dead in Manhattan

^ lol. quit lurking so much in invisible mode...

ya really are a nub/wannabe:
    just heard DJ AM died from tmz.com Sources tell us he was found in his apartment at around 5:20 PM. We're told drug paraphernalia was found at the scene. Our sources say DJ AM had not been seen or heard from for a few days -- one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door.
    (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Re: DJ AM Found Dead in Manhattan

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...