X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Obama's Approval rating 42%!!

wow did this guy fall off a cliff or what? Never since they have been keeping track has a President ever fallen so fast. I give the Americans credit on this one. They are finally seeing that he is a puppet and obviously is not in control. I mean Jesus he was up in the 70's just a few months ago.

Obama is now firmly between a rock and a hard place. Liberal Democrats want a strong health care reform bill with a public option. Republicans and more conservative Democrats disagree.

I guess you get Bush numbers for continuing Bush policies.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Obama's Approval rating 42%!!

Pessimism for America's government is also at an all time high, but Obama inherited that gift.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

I find it interesting how the majority of the public that supposedly believes that the government essentially murdered over 3,000 Americans on 9-11 would also have found it in their hearts to support Obama - a pretty key figure of government - at rates of 70%+ as recently as a few months ago.
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

maybe people are finally realizing that big government is not the way to grow your economy. however, obama has come into a hard role. people these days expect an immediate resolution. whether obama is right, wrong or indifferent with his approach, without quick results, you're doomed.
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• superdave
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
          maybe people are finally realizing that big government is not the way to grow your economy. however, obama has come into a hard role. people these days expect an immediate resolution. whether obama is right, wrong or indifferent with his approach, without quick results, you're doomed.
          I think you're onto something. People want things to turn around now and not wait. I'll add that unemployment is still high and the deficit keeps growing. And arguably the largest reason for the poll numbers dropping is health care.

The Republicans and Fox News have done a really good job at making the Democrats and Obama look bad. They've successfully whether right or wrong portrayed that big government can't manage health care and we'll suffer because of it.

It's a good time to be on the conservative side throwing rocks at the Democrats and Obama. TV ratings are high and books sales by conservative authors are doing well. Only fair I guess because Jon Stewart, CNN and the Democrats did well bashing Bush for 8 years.
          Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

"I assume Obama's doing a good job since some of the biggest douchebags in the country think he's doing a bad job"

Comment

• Miroslav
              • Apr 2006

^^

Seriously, is anyone surprised by any of this? It was obvious since everyone during the election for some reason thought he could walk on water, even as he was inheriting the worst economic mess since the Great Depression, two debilitating wars, a busted health care system, and a host of other international problems.

Whatever Obama does, for good of for bad, won't really be judg-able until near the end of his term. The effects of his economic policies haven't yet gone full circle, and health care obviously will take a long time. Anything that anyone does that is good along the way won't be appreciated, because the benefits will not be immediately felt. If I was Obama, I would be worried about what history will say when it's all said and done and not what the polls say right now.

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

How can adding the greatest amount of debt EVER in the history of the US ultimately be good for the economy?

Comment

• PROG
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Aug 2005

lol ^

people still believing in this puppet. funny yet sad at the same time.

Comment

• fyrestarter
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Feb 2009

in before/after people find excuses to point out it's not his fault
                    I wonder if this new healthcare thing covers my pre-existing condition: AWESOMENESS.

Comment

• Miroslav
                      • Apr 2006

^^ it's not really his fault. God could be the president right now and people would still bitch and moan because we're in a bad recession that takes time to resolve. If John McCain was president right now, I bet his approval rating would be about the same...only it wouldn't have fallen as much because people probably didn't have such ridiculous expectations of him as they for some reason did of Obama.

Comment

• fyrestarter
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Miroslav
                        ^^ it's not really his fault. God could be the president right now and people would still bitch and moan because we're in a bad recession that takes time to resolve. If John McCain was president right now, I bet his approval rating would be about the same...only it wouldn't have fallen as much because people probably didn't have such ridiculous expectations of him as they for some reason did of Obama.
                        obama set up those expectations + made those promises. jus sayin
                        I wonder if this new healthcare thing covers my pre-existing condition: AWESOMENESS.

Comment

• superdave
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Obama is a victim of his own success. He got the Presidency promising change and convinced the people once that moron Bush was gone things would instantly get better.

Obama is still blaming Bush for the problems. At some point, he has to own it and quit blaming Bush. Think about it - if you start a job and things are bad would you blame your predecessor for the better part of a year? At some point, your boss would tell you to put up or shut up. I think people agree with me on this and that's part of the reason his numbers are down.

And quite frankly Obama has been lazy on health care. He left it up to Congress to put together a plan and its been a disaster. He should have put together a plan with Congress instead of leaving it up to the Democrats in Congress. He's "campaigning" health care now with his useless press conferences. I hope he doesn't waste our time again tomorrow night.

Comment

• Miroslav
                            • Apr 2006

^^ Oh come on... You'd hate it just as much if not more had he written the whole thing himself.

Comment

• superdave
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                              ^^ Oh come on... You'd hate it just as much if not more had he written the whole thing himself.
                              Of course I would However, even Obama would admit that he messed up leaving it up to Congress to put together a plan.

Comment

Working...