X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

One of the best nights of my life!

There was this club called System Sound Bar in Toronto, I guess it closed about 3 or 4 years ago. So they had this night called Breathe on Friday nights which hosted progressive house nights. Eventually in their 5 year stint almost any house would do. Techno, Trance, House and any mixture there of was their concoction. Luke Fair had a monthly residency at System and I can honestly say I fucken loved that club.Twas the best, consistent club Toronto ever saw. So who did they bring in to celebrate their 5 year aniversary?
    None other than the god himself but John Digweed!!!!
    I was floored and in my glory this night. My favortie club brings in my favorite dj? No way! I only have one photo, but by god, it brings back the fucken best memories!
    That's me on the left, my friend Kali in the middle (who was visiting from Greece, originally from Toronto) and Lyen! I was the last woman standing.

Sorry for the low quality, its a picture of a print off their website that's on my fridge.
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
  • chanty
    • Jun 2004

Re: One of the best nights of my life!

Oops, I forgot to mention opening Dj was Brad Copeland, whom I haven't heard very much from lately unfortunately. Great DJ. Pictured to the right in the turquise t-shirt. Where are you Brad???
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• bobjuice
      Banned
      • May 2008

aaaah memories!

nice one chanty

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

no shit, where the hell has Brad been? great guy, talented dj for sure!

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

^^^Last I heard from a close friend of his, Brad has retired. Maybe one day he will make an appearance again. Definitely a talented man.

System was definitely a club that will never be duplicated. Many wonderful nights there dancing to Luke Fair, and other talented local DJ's and bigger DJ's as well (Diggers, Liberator, Danny Howells, the list goes on).
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

reitred?! he was just getting started!
            made a great track that finally got released, one of THE best warm up dj's out there.. just one of those naturally funny guys too

Comment

• chunky
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jan 2006

Where there any whippets to go with the flat cap
              Originally posted by res0nat0r
              OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• chanty
                • Jun 2004

Nah..they wouldn't let me bring the whippet into the club. Are you making fun of my hat?

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                  reitred?! he was just getting started!
                  made a great track that finally got released, one of THE best warm up dj's out there.. just one of those naturally funny guys too
                  Agreed! Lets hope I am very very wrong! But I don't think I am

Did some snooping on his myspace and this was the last blog he put up

Thursday, September 13, 2007
                  Brad Copeland-"Bye" out now on BIGHOUSE w. Chris Micali remix

title says it all really...out on 12" and mp3 wherever you buy your music. the original most of you probably have heard somewhere over the years, and chris' remix is right in the zone he does best...big chunky beats and a wiggly bassline mixed with some proper face-melting pads and leads....a little something for everyone, tailored perfectly for the big systems
                  sigpic
                  RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                  RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

thats the track i was speaking of, guess that was his way of saying good bye? lol.. weird

Comment

• DancingQueen
                      AVB FanClub | President
                      • Oct 2005

^^^ that @ WMC? That's my friend Tash with him (girl in card shirt). She is married to Greg Benz....was that who was playing at the time? Tash, Greg and Brad are all good friends
                      sigpic

Comment

• Aleks_B
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Nov 2006

System Soundbar brings back some great memories from 2002-2004 for me. That was in a sense my hardest partied years and it was a great ride! LOL... I was pretty much a regular... I think you look familiar BTW Chanty!

System acted like my transition from raves to clubs and it definitely cemented my interest in Progressive House during those years. I saw Zabiela there for the first time, Howells for the first time....for some reason i never caught Digweed there but i have witnessed some amazing sets there late night on Fridays@ Breathe. Damn whenever i pas by i allways become nostalgic !!
                        aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• bobjuice
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                            ^^^ that @ WMC? That's my friend Tash with him (girl in card shirt). She is married to Greg Benz....was that who was playing at the time? Tash, Greg and Brad are all good friends

It was WMC2005, Proton Party @ The Cafeteria, Greg Benz, Steven Gerrard, I think Neil Quigley, cant think who else.
                            Great night! Greg had fallen asleep on the beach and got REALLY sun burned lol

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

It is so good to reminisce over great nights out.
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...