• Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Websites of Clubs

Just saw this on Smashing Magazine (Melbourne's Espy got a mention!):

Anzu Club
    Anzu radiates a great vibe that mixes fluid and electronic, with creative Flash and amazing usability.

Sass Vienna
    A simple yet visually rich website, with great transparency and light.

Bar Music Hall
    At first glance, this looks like a horizontal navigation-based website, but a closer look reveals that the only horizontal thing that moves is the header. A nice original way to keep it simple yet effective.

Lux Fragil
    Ever wondered what kind of website Alice (of Wonderland) would want for her club? Pretty much one like this.

Matter London
    A simple and effective design that uses the right colors.

T Bar London
    Okay, this one is neither Flash nor the clean modern look, but it still looks classy without any fancy makeup. Just good old text (three columns) and images (one at a time).

Club Silo
    Prepare yourself for this one. Enjoy a full 3-D experience, with a cube-like menu put right in the middle of the club.

Blondie Bar
    This one is as cheap as it gets: static HTML with a flyer and embedded Tumblr blog. Not enough for a cool club? See for yourself.

Sugar Factory
    Some black and yellow awesomeness, with a lot of AJAX and nice blog integration.

Sub Club
    Minimal but definitely not simple, this one has the coolest menu in this entire showcase. Text at its best!

Macarena Club
    Don’t be fooled by the Latino-nostalgic name, we have a good-looking and really compact website here. The best part: fantastic player integration.

Favela Chic
    This one may be the only WordPress website in this roundup. A cool and efficient three-column theme. As visually random as the club itself.

Week End
    What if we could reduce a club website to its core feature: the schedule? We’d end up with this simple and beautiful calendar from the Week End club in Berlin.

Cube Club
    Very illustration-oriented, the Cube’s website must be the coolest entry by far for a CSS fan.

The Esplanade
    Also known as Espy, the Esplanade Hotel is one of the coolest live music venues in Melbourne and has a mesmerizing Flash website, with strong black and white graphics and beautifully crafted animations. I really like the cloud pre-loader.

Michelberger
    Part website, part zillion-instrument club website, this one is a Web illustration masterpiece. You can turn some knobs on the remote in the lower-right corner.

Trouw
    A simple grungy blog website, with all the info you need stored in small post-like areas.

Paradiso
    The audio player look and feel of this website is truly fantastic. Just zap around.

Dice Club
    This one looks more like a fashion website than a club one because the header is huge and has nice photos of the staff.

Baalsaal
    Another full-screen Flash-based website, with a beautiful illustration in the background.

Flex
    This one has a practical, down-to-earth approach, but with some cool graphics as well. Highlights: the calendar-like design and grid-based multimedia archive.

Beta Nightclub
    The Apple Computer of club websites. Glossy and stylish, with a great navigation system.

Watt Rotterdam
    Why didn’t I think of that? A full-width header that scrolls like a carousel makes this website look slick!

Residenz Lounge
    Cool flashy menu, and a good overall experience.

Barraca
    Amazingly seamless integration of large images and small widgets: audio player, live news feed, dynamic agenda, podcast and social media shortcuts.

Pacha Global
    Amazing Flash, with a dynamic menu and other interactive goodies.

Byblos
    What’s better for a club website than moving eye candy at full screen? Great execution and creative design.

Le General
    Nice communist propaganda design for Le General. You know why red is the color of choice!

Smart Bar
    Practically a one-page website, with buttons only for extra info, the Smart Bar website sports a few digital sticky notes with a very a fresh look.

Club Disco
    Another Flash production, this time in glossy-Matrix fashion.

Bourbon Street
    Great transparency and fake pop-up windows on this colorful Brazilian website.

Ministry of Sound
    The legendary MoS club has a slick website with a glossy but clean look.

We Love Music
    Great color scheme and some goofy illustration make for a simple but pleasant virtual trip to Ibiza.

Brica Bar
    Here we have cool Reservoir Dogs-like characters for menu items. The colored bubbles in the back are a great choice for this.

Bonus: Awdio
    Not really a club, but one of the biggest club-related achievements of the last years, Awdio is a jukebox that plays live music from the best clubs in the world. The layout is built around a Flash-based player that features various “stations” (live music venues).

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
Working...