X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

to be honest, the first time I watched it, I wasn't impressed either... but "The Big Lebowski" has a way of growing on you...give it another chance down the road.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• i!!ustrious
      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
      • Mar 2008

^ what florida said.

Originally posted by jackdaniels
      Couldn't make it to the end of Lebowski...found it too boring! Will have to catch fear and loathing soon...
      it's understandable that since these two films are both cult classics, they're usually hard for foreigners to appreciate. just saying.
      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• TomTom
        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
        • May 2002

I saw this movie last weekend for the first time after many years and it's still awesome.

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Oh boy!

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

watched this yesterday, enjoy:

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
            to be honest, the first time I watched it, I wasn't impressed either... but "The Big Lebowski" has a way of growing on you...give it another chance down the road.
            Totally agree with this.. Watched this for the first time last year and I found it to be very random and with really no plot whatsoever.. Specific parts to it were hilarious but as a whole I was left with this "wtf did I just watch" feeling lol.

Lebowski is still one of my favorite films to this day since I first saw it back in high school, Bridges just plays that part way too well.

This I may give Fesr and Loathing another chance one of these days tho.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ddr
              I found it to be very random and with really no plot whatsoever.. Specific parts to it were hilarious but as a whole I was left with this "wtf did I just watch" feeling lol.
              Unfortunately that was my reaction to the Rum Diary, I thought it was worse than Fear and Loathing.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

The Rum Diary was a snoozefest to the 159th power. Suck.

Comment

Working...