X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pr0ficient
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Apr 2006

Fox TV anchor - "Keep f***ing that chicken"

This happened on a local fox news station in NY a couple days ago. Watch the expressions on the other news anchor's faces!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss8LDBNcsWc[/youtube]

Originally posted by The New York Times

For Anastos and Chicken Pluckers, It’s Only Words

Ernie Anastos vaulted onto the world stage when he said a bad word on television. He apologized, his bosses said they were disappointed, and thousands of YouTube viewers watched the moment again and again. His explanation? According to news reports, he meant to say, “Keep plucking that chicken.”

We believe him — and why shouldn’t we? — but … well … his explanation kind of raises another, perhaps even more baffling question: What does “Keep plucking that chicken” mean?

And, thanks to its furious dissemination around the globe, could it or the more raw variation Mr. Anastos seemed to utter become a new New York City catchphrase, on par with “Fuggedaboutit” or Ed Koch’s “How’m I doin’?”

We set out to answer these questions.

First, the possible meaning. The four-word phrase suggests continuing with a chore that must be completed, even if the rewards are minimal. It suggests determination, willpower, an existential task with an obscure or unknown endpoint, a sense of carrying on despite odds. At the same time, it could also be an invitation to extended revelry. The use of the word “keep” implies that the task that must be completed, whatever it is, has already been started. Some possible examples:

A businessman sits at his desk at 7 p.m. contemplating the 12-inch-high pile of paperwork that must be finished by morning. He knows he’ll never make it home by dinner. He calls his wife and tells her: “I’m staying late.” She replies encouragingly, “Keep plucking that chicken.”

A group of dot-comers are at the Magician on Rivington Street at 3 a.m. Some are ready to head home after a night of drinking. But others want to continue. “One more round,” someone says, “Keep plucking that chicken!” They keep drinking.

The conductor of a southbound No. 4 train alerts his passengers that, because of a sick passenger on the train ahead, they’ll be stuck in the tunnel north of Union Square. “We’ll just keep plucking that chicken,” he tells them. Everyone waits.

The WNYW Fox 5 news anchor Ernie Anastos uttered a four-word phrase on television which, through online sites like YouTube, has raced around the world.
    The phrase is certainly spreading. It has inspired music videos and T-shirts (including children’s sizes), and late-night television jokes. Already, people are using it in their replies on Twitter (we would include the search, but decided against it).

source: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...n-pluckers/?hp
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Fox TV anchor - "Keep f***ing that chicken"

that chick was mortified
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

repost!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
        that chick was mortified
        this one?

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

Yep ... that expression is definately mortified.
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Dhar_2
            meat and potatoes
            • Jun 2004

Comment

Working...