X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robprunzit
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Bible says to kill vs. Koran says to kill

You may find this blog interesting. Someone compiled all the verses both in the Bible and Koran which mention KILLING.

Ask questions and share answers at able2know, a free ask an expert community.

I'm sure it is easily misinterpreted, since these are all taking out of context for what reasons the verses were there for, but anyhow it is interesting to read through, and read on down the thread the comments.
    AT THE FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION

www.myspace.com/robroyfamily
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

... it's not very well done, but the point is clear.

I am a Bible person ... and there is no where I feel it is right to kill anyone. I only believe you have the right to destory a life, when your very own is in danger. Sums it up for me. I am talking about gun to head or knife ... not some BS word propaganda.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• robprunzit
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

I hear ya asdf. Read on down the thread to Isha, and the comments there. They are well stated, clear, to the point, and true for the Bible.

Clearly the opener for the thread was either anti-religious, or a follower of Islam. At least, I think I picked up on some bias in the way he wrote his commentaries.

Anyhow, I found it to be an interesting thread. Better if it were in context to what the Bible is referring, when, where, and why.

For me, I would struggle to kill. I think I could do it in self defense, or if I were trained as a soldier. I would have to get past the 'puke at the sight of blood' problem I have had since childhood.
      AT THE FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION

www.myspace.com/robroyfamily

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

o i agree.

i am not much of a death "monger" ... nor do I believe my God supports it. That is just my IMO from the things I have seen and felt in life. Surely you can use the Bible to disprove me, but I can always claim that the Bible was written by man, and we all know how words can be different to you and I. Even though the intent is from God. Just one way I stray off into my own little realm of faith. I believe and have choose to believe what I understand and place "good" from the book. There are numerous accounts of my own religion murdering others, being outmost sinful (Cardinals), and etc. So I know the word of God and can be abused and very easily misinterpreted. I do not press my morals or values onto others. Not my job, nor place. Also I will not judge you otherwise, my Lord is here to judge, not me. And I am not even close to the "Big Dad". So simply I am just like you. I have just choose to believe in something that keeps me here till the next day, and also helps me understand some very strange occurrences on this planet. I fight to live to the next day, and perhaps try to make this a better place for the seeds that follow us.

A normal and very strange human,

Dominik
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• tien
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jul 2004

very intersesting link, This makes me want to take up the bible again. Thanks

Comment

• dotw
            Fresh Peossy
            • Dec 2004

Just another fine example why religion fucking sucks and just seperates weak helpless fucking people into opposing groups. Most of the hard core followers are too fucking stupid to even interpret what these versus are saying. I can genuinely say that these people scare the living shit out of me.

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

Just another fine example why religion fucking sucks and just seperates weak helpless fucking people into opposing groups. Most of the hard core followers are too fucking stupid to even interpret what these versus are saying. I can genuinely say that these people scare the living shit out of me.
              you are a clueless shit. scared by the faith and the people behind it. ... tosser.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• DragonFire
                Addiction started
                • Dec 2004

Dotw dont get around cursing religion .. i suggest you give all religions a chance and thats what i think the true essence of life .to know where are you heading ...
                Don't Immitate ... Innovate

Comment

• Yao
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

I'm afraid of the extremist of fundamentalist elements that emerge in every religion or ideology.

I read something this afternoon: Religion is a way to deal with our fear of dying, it gives the prospect of eternal life.

Not my words, but they do reflect my stance on religion. This is not neccesarily to be taken negatively as most people would do. Because I cannot prove that there's nothing after death, I don't believe there's nothing.
                  If there is something after this life, we don't know it's true form. Therefore religion and it's perception of what afterlife is could be some kind of example of what it could be, not what it really is.
                  But as I cannot see what lies beyond, I'll just stick to believing in what I can see, hear, smell, taste, touch (kiss, lick and screw). I'll just take anything after death as it comes, or if there isn't anything...well, no consciousness is no dissapointment, right? :wink:
                  Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• davetlv
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dotw
                    Most of the hard core followers are too fucking stupid to even interpret what these versus are saying.
                    Not sure about being fucking stupid, but your use of the word interpret is the most sense you have made.

When the Old Testement/New Testement/Quran were written there were norms of behaviour rife we, in our modern world, have long given up because we now see them as barbaric.

For religion to thrive we must constantly interpret our texts for their relevance in our time. Those that don't will be responsible for the ultimate demise of their religion.

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

But somehow there are still people who take the texts literally, and consider any other interpretation as tampering with the word of their god, and therefore will never adapt their form of belief to this time...

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• asdf_admin
                        i use to be important
                        • Jun 2004

extremist
                        any extremist is a threat ... be it religious or not.

go ahead hate me for what i believe in. i can assure i will not do that to you.
                        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

I didn't call you an exremist element, did I?

I was speaking generally, and from your previous posts it has already become apparent that you, my friend, are a believer but also respect other people and their beliefs. I am not blind, and would not ever dare call a sincere religious person bluntly an extremist. An extremist has no respect for any views other than his own belief (or his holy text).

I don't hate you. Never have on any point. It takes a lot more for me to hate you than just a small difference of opinion on life and it's purpose.

Comment

• Digger
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Nov 2004

Man Attempts To Convert Lions To Christianity
                            A Taiwan man shouts "Come bite me!" to two lions at the Taipei Zoo.

TAIPEI (Reuters) - A man leaped into a lion's den at the Taipei Zoo to try to convert the king of beasts to Christianity, but was bitten in the leg for his efforts.

"Jesus will save you!" shouted the 46-year-old man at two African lions lounging under a tree a few metres away.

"Come bite me!" he said with both hands raised, television footage showed.

One of the lions, a large male with a shaggy mane, bit the man in his right leg before zoo workers drove it off with water hoses and tranquilliser guns.

Newspapers said that the lions had been fed earlier in the day, otherwise the man might have been more seriously hurt ... or worse.

well the lion almost kill the man not viceversa hehe
                            https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
                            All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                              i use to be important
                              • Jun 2004

I didn't call you an exremist element, did I?

I was speaking generally, and from your previous posts it has already become apparent that you, my friend, are a believer but also respect other people and their beliefs. I am not blind, and would not ever dare call a sincere religious person bluntly an extremist. An extremist has no respect for any views other than his own belief (or his holy text).

I don't hate you. Never have on any point. It takes a lot more for me to hate you than just a small difference of opinion on life and it's purpose. Rock On
                              lol. i was not placing that statement towards you. i was just using the word extremist.
                              dead, yet alive.

Comment

Working...