X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poults
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2006

Mac users

Im doing some work on someones mac book pro but i havent used one before. Im installing some drivers but it has asked for a password to allow me to install. The owner says that they have never put any passwords on it at all and is unsure as to what it could be. I have tried just using blank but it didnt work, is there any default usernames and passwords for this. It is running mac osx 10.5.

Cheers.
    Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Mac users

I thought a password is set when you set up the machine the first time?

If your friends or you have access to the Mac OS installation disc, apparently you can reset the admin password quite easily.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• poults
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2006

Cheers feather. Apparently they never set a password when they set it up . I also need a password to unlock the root user which i can install software with aswell supposedly which is probably the same one.

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• poults
        Platinum Poster
        • Nov 2006

Managed to sort it out now, they remembered the password!
        Gotta admit though, i am well impressed with the macbook. If it didnt have such a hefty price tag i would buy one next month instead of a new laptop.

Comment

• thydipptimon
          Fresh Peossy
          • Sep 2009

Hi Everyone..

I just reformatted/erased my iBook G4 without realizing that I didn't have the original startup disk that came when I bought the computer (a while back). But, I just bought an iMac last year and a MacBook Pro this year and have startup disks for both of these computers. I tried using them on my iBook G4 when trying to reinstall the operating system and I keep getting the error message "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer." Any help you have would be great. I'm trying to sell my old computer and it'd be great to get this to work again!

Comment

• ganjamo
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2006

get a copy of tiger and install it on your computer thy, those cds wont work.
            Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

Working...