X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • isrefel collas
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2007

top 100 dj...whats that about???

what does a good dj mean to you?...is it playing all your favourite tracks or is it mixing tracks in such a way that there set is one seamless track.
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: top 100 dj...whats that about???

both of the above!

its about creating a vibe, a groove. mixing up tracks i know and tracks i dont know! teasing me. on the brink of orgasm for hours and hours and hours! track after track till i go home dejected that its all over, but i know i've had a fucking great time!

Comment

• Erik Mitchell
      Gold Gabber
      • Oct 2004

What he said ^
      soundcloud - facedbook

Comment

• nick007
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2007

^That

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• spyros
          Gold Gabber
          • May 2007

^^ this

is it the first time that everyone agrees with Dhar??
          Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• bobjuice
            Banned
            • May 2008

Originally posted by spyros
            ^^ this

is it the first time that everyone agrees with Dhar??
            He's hit the nail on the head for sure.

Comment

• fatalfelix
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Dhar_2
              both of the above!

its about creating a vibe, a groove. mixing up tracks i know and tracks i dont know! teasing me. on the brink of orgasm for hours and hours and hours! track after track till i go home dejected that its all over, but i know i've had a fucking great time!
              x2, and I like dj´s who remain themselves, even when they´re becomming very famous. At the point they can choose between the big money and the big crowds or the music, a true dj will choose the music.
              "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

well said dharson!

a good dj to me is a dj who plays the tracks he loves, and quality tracks that he intuitely knows that the true heads like, and will like, and music that doesn't suck of course.

a good dj blows my mind with quality builds and spontaneous forays.

a good dj knows how to become the crowd and nuke them in a dance frenzy.

a good dj to me is a dj who gives back everything, and is an integral unstoppable force that keeps the music/scenes alive at all costs.

a good dj to me is one who is versatile with a broad range of styles and genres; experiments with new things; pioneers new sounds; and doesn't afraid of anything!

the djmag poll is used by faggotteer promoters to book by popularity. the djmag poll is nothing but the pathetic industries' vanity and faggotry that i could fucking care less about, in fact, i hope it dies by fire! rawwrrrr!
                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

For me a great Dj is the one that makes me feel as though they are wired into my brain , knowing exactly which music I want at any given moment, with an ebb and flow that lets me dance for hours. ! One that knows it's about the right music, not just the latest.

And just about all of the above
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

A good DJ ... has a good ear for tunage and does things their own way. They might move with the times and play the newer sounds, but you can always tell it's them playing it, they have an aural signature. And the best DJs bring you on an undulating journey that takes you through the most fucked up twisted places and then show you the light with a sprinkle of melodies. And they get me dancing to music I wouldn't normally listen to

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

^^^ Ahh, beautiful ! You just described my favourite Dj perfectly !!
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...