• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Thievery Corporation Concert Review - Tampa Fla

Originally posted by billyz
    I went to HoB Orlando Thursday (8th) and caught them and it just totally blew me away. They made my year! I've been wanting to see them for a while and it was worth the wait! I highly recommend catching them at a show.

Iwould have loved to have gone to the Afterparty you guys had in Tampa. Ancient Astronaut's dj set was cool at HoB, but I'd rather hear a set in a dark club in the wee hours, which would have been better imo.

yeah, the after party venue in tampa is about 2 blocks from the ritz and its an old artsy warehouse type place, very cool venue

Comment

• billyz
      Addiction started
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Steve Graham
      yeah, the after party venue in tampa is about 2 blocks from the ritz and its an old artsy warehouse type place, very cool venue
      Cool! Me and the Mrs. need to get back over that way and checkout some other clubs. Its been awhile, we were going to HPC for some of the gigs. It just kills cause its a few hours of driving to get there from Daytona.
      Billy Z
      soundcloud.com/djbillyz
      mixcloud.com/djbillyz
      twitter.com/djbillyz
      twitter.com/bluePRINTSaturo
      instagram.com/djbillyz
      djbillyz.com

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Glad to see people having a chance to experience Thievery live, caught them a few times over the past years and its a world beat throwdown turned on its head, the combonation of live and electronic music has never sounded so good.
        Originally posted by Shpira
        So came back last night...
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
        Originally posted by Illuminate
        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...