X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Transitions (Episode 271) November 8th

Apologies for the delay, but I have to say this weeks show is a bloody corker. Transitions 271 has a real emphasis on some nice deep house and vocals, all to stunning effect and well worth checking out.

Things open with a downtempo remix of Icelandic Band Gus Gus (a big favourite of John & Sasha) - an absolutely stellar start, before going deep into house territory with Oleg Poliakov's sublime "House Of The Sun" and continuing the vibe with "Kleinmond".

We get a bit more techy with one of Diggers tried and tested producers, Grenoble's Oxia (who gave us the excellent "Domino") followed by Radioslave's remix of Steve "Viva" Lawlers stomping and semi-tribal Hocus Pocus. Next it's the spaced voice from planet love before we hit some more house via Mirus and Bujat. The show finishes with Thomas Muller's "Institute Of Shadow", on über cool Berlin label Bpitch Control.

This weeks guest mix is from Belgium DJ Hermanez, who as well as having great feedback on his productions from Laurent Garnier, Sven Vath and Christian Smith has been resident for Circo Loco and Cafe de Anvers.

As ever, both sets are available now in the downloads section from those very nice people at [ms]

John Digweed - Transitions 271 (Kiss100) 8th November 2009

01 Gus Gus - Thin Ice (Analog People In A Digital World Mix) [Kompact KOMPAKT202]
    02 Oleg Poliakov - House Of The Sun [Circus Company CCS036]
    03 Filippo Moscatello - Kleinmond (James Flavour Remix) [Mood Music mood077]
    04 Oxia - Whole Life [8bit 8BIT025]
    05 Steve Lawler - Hocus Pocus (Radioslave Mole People Remix) [Viva Music Viva045]
    06 Precious System - The Voice From Planet Love (Dixon Chic-A-Go Edit)[Running Back RB016]
    07 Mirus & Andre Bujat - No Matter [Indigo Raw IR007]
    08 Thomas Muller - Institute Of Shadow [Bpitch Control BPC201]

Hermanez - Guest Mix (Kiss100) 8th November 2009

01 2000 And One - Wan Poku Moro (Onur Ozer Remix) [100% Pure]
    02 D.Ramirez, Matt Tolfrey - Bounce To Me (Lauhaus Remix) [Phonic]
    03 Dualton, Masuki - Troubadour (Dub Mix) [Viva Music]
    04 Adam Port & Gigi - Enoralehu (Santé Remix) [Liebe Detail]
    05 Hermanez - Mohito [Miconn]
    06 Giuseppe Cennamo - El Gitano (2000 And One Remix) [Monique Musique]
    07 Ramon Tapia - Unknown [Unknown]
    08 Sonodab - Reilui (Ekkohaus Remix) [Trazeble]
    09 Hermanez & Massimo Girardi - 22. 22 [Monique Musique]
    10 Hermanez - Unknown [Unknown]
    11 Patrick Kunkel, M.in - Frauen & Blumen (Dj Sneak's Instrumental Mix) [International Freakshow]
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • Dzone
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Re: Transitions (Episode 271) November 8th

Cheers Simon
    ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• ace_dl
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Thanks for the heads up Simon ... I still have not downloaded it, but I am very much into deep house sounds

Cheers
      Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• dusk
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Thanks very much Simon, still need to grab these. JD is on a roll for sure.
        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• ace_dl
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I so much enjoy this week's Digger's mix ... Its not that I do not enjoy the Man's previous mixes
          I just find this one very more groovy and emotional. It's got that deep housy sound with all those vocals ... Stellar indeed
          Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• funkykarma
            Gold Gabber
            • Jan 2006

Nice one Si.....gotta say I'm d/l Transitions shows more regularly after these reviews

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

No prob ... hopefully the tracklists and comments draw you all in !

Usually there's something there for everyone
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

BTW Vish ..... this pic was especially for you - WHP Manchester, you'll be there in December !!

sigpicSimonR

Comment

• funkykarma
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by simonr
                  BTW Vish ..... this pic was especially for you - WHP Manchester, you'll be there in December !!

Nice one! Looks awesome there, can't wait

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Must check out, love vocals.

Just curious, Simon are you doing these writeups for anywhere else or are you just posting them in this forum? Helluva effort, Digweed owes you big.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Cheers Feather - I just do the writeups for here

I really enjoy the shows and started doing the live sets forum (3rd installment coming soon) - so I thought I'd extend things and promote the Transitions shows a bit. [ms] takes pride in hosting them - I've been checking out the tracks/producers and completing definitive tracklists (John's aren't always 100% correct .. I assume this is because there is limited up front release info).

I've really been enjoying Transitions these past 18-months so thought I'd generate some enthusiasm and encourage people to check out the shows each week - hopefully making things quite visual encourages this.

Plus Bedrock is a special thing - so I just raise a bit of awareness as the label, products, forum and nights still need peoples support to keep going when others fall off and close.

Will see if Diggers buys me a pint at bedrock tonight !

sigpicSimonR

Comment

• Adzey
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Mar 2008

^ watch out for the newcastle women i believe they are 'arder than the men!

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• Hydrosonic
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Adzey
                          You're not wrong there!
                          320 requester

Comment

• Adzey
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Mar 2008

back on topic a very good transitions especially like tracks 1, 2 (Played @ Matter), 3 & 4 while 5 and 6 are a bit meh

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• chunky
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Adzey
                              And kinky as fuck
                              Originally posted by res0nat0r
                              OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

Working...