X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Blockbuster dropping late fees as of 1/1/05

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Blockbuster Inc. announced Tuesday it is abolishing late fees on all its video tapes, DVDs and video games as of Jan. 1.

The world's largest video rental company will still have due dates for their rental products -- one week for games and two days or one week for movies, depending on whether it's a new release.

But customers will be given a one-week grace period after that to return the product. After that grace period ends, the chain will automatically sell them the product, less the rental fee. If the customers don't want to purchase the movie or game, they can return the product within 30 days for a credit, less a restocking fee.
    Full Article

I've had a Blockbuster card for quite some time and don't have a credit card on file with them so how are they going to 'charge' me for the purchase?
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • CrazyMadFlyGirl
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

Every time I go to BlkBstr.. I end up w/ a couple 2 day rentals & Never get them back on time...always like 1 day late & it pisses me off cuz then i get charged... & then I do it again the next time... I'm always in need of maybe a 5 day minimum... ( I get pissed at me of course, not BlkBstr cuz it's not their fault they have a STUPID 2 day return on some of their movies! :wink: )
    ~SnOoPy WAS rIgHt! DoGgY sTyLe Is ThE bEsT~

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Re: Blockbuster dropping late fees as of 1/1/05

Originally posted by skahound
      I've had a Blockbuster card for quite some time and don't have a credit card on file with them so how are they going to 'charge' me for the purchase?

they have your home address... they are going to bill you at your home address probably. if you don't pay it, it will probably reflect on your credit history such as credit card bills do. at least, thats what i would think...
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
        [if you don't pay it, it will probably reflect on your credit history such as credit card bills do. at least, thats what i would think...
        They don't have your social security number so that's not an option. Unless they force all of their customers to come back in and maintain a valid credit card file or hand over their SSN information, in which case I'll become a permanent customer of Hollywood Video.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Kobe
          I wish I had an interesting User title
          • Jun 2004

very sensible decision for cockbuster

I stopped going there because the late fees alone were totally more than Netflix. I did try BB's netfilx-style offer, but there selection is inferior, and I still needed to drop the damn thing off which is a PITA.

With this policy change I could see myself dropping in and picking up a new release on a whim, whereas before I def wouldn't have bothered for fear of the late fee.
          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• rewing3
            I really don't care
            • Jun 2004

That is cool I guess but I think more people are going to get screwed over by this then just paying a late fee.
            Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• thrualoooop
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
              That is cool I guess but I think more people are going to get screwed over by this then just paying a late fee.
              i agree....i don't think they would do this unless it will benifit blockbuster[imo].....most things like this are done under the guise of helping the customer.....but we'll see
              i'm not a real dork i just play one on the internet.......

Comment

• swedetech
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

about time...
                ---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• Kobe
                  I wish I had an interesting User title
                  • Jun 2004

now if those fuckers at the library would just get with the times "Yes I know I've had Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness out since 1991, I'm not finished reading it yet!!"
                  Beats are my crack.

Comment

• Localizer
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jul 2004

They have to to compete with NetFlix because Netflix has the market cornered right now as an article in US News states. But, they won't have it for long because BB is an empire and can expand among various modes whereas NetFlix's only service is to have no late fees on their video rentals....
                    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

I disagree, more and more people will switch to netflix, who wants to have to drive, wait in lines and so forth when for 17.95 a month you can have all the DVD's you can watch.

This is a good move by BB to try and stay alive, but its not going to be as successful as they think. Instead, they will get raped by every customer because they will just wait a week, on purpose, before they return it. Which in turn rapes them of all the other customers that would have rented that disc. Netflix is the only way to go.
                      "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
                      "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
                      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• viceroy
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

I have switched over to netflix, and will never again use blockbuster. Their 12 noon cut-off time is a blatent attempt to get people to return late.

Before when there was no other option I used blockbuster...but I will never use them again. They are too late with this policy to get my business again.

Fuck that monopoly everyone calls blockbuster.

peace,
                        steve

Comment

• Pataky P
                          asdf_imo
                          • Jun 2004

Every week!!

Comment

• DreamGirlie
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                            When you FIRSY signed up for an account you were required to give a debit card, credit card, or checking account number (checking acct rules vary by state) so yes they DO have an account on file for you.

f the card you gave them when first applied is expired, or cancelled you will receive a bill in the mail, if you dont pay the bill it will go to creditors/collection agencies.

"Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• Jibgolly
                              Vortexuralizor
                              • Jun 2004

i pay with cash. and blockbuster is less than a 1/4 mile from my front door.
                              late fees are not a problem for me.

Comment

Working...