X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroSoul
    Getting Somewhere
    • Feb 2005

Re: Arrogant Americans Views On Canada

Alot of ignorant comments regarding the Canadian health care system. It does not take forever to see a doctor. If you need to see a doctor, you can see a doctor that day. You need to see your GP, maybe make an appointment to get a preferable time that week. You need to see the sugeon for life saving treatment, then Canada will make sure your still alive more often than not. Keep in mind, not everybody can be saved ALL the time too. On the whole the public system is far cheaper and more accessible. Trust me, it's really nice to walk into a clinic if I'm feeling particularly Ill and not have to start weighing cost/benifet.

Now I'll also admit the Canadian system has a few problems it needs to iron out. Alot of doctors do get drained to the states where people have to pay an arm and a leg to see them, and that's a big part of the problem. Needless to say, it's the lucrative, specialized surgeries or tests that have the longest waiting times up here. Money is being put back into the system where cutbacks have caused problems though, and issues and ineffiencies are being worked out. I can't fathom how the US system, where the disabled have to work to struggle just to pay for an attempt at normality, is better than our system though.
    Groove is in the air

Comment

Working...