X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: Celente 2010 Trend is Terrorism

God that was about as long as the health bill.. you democrats and jarble..

The farmers will wake up tomorrow and run the plow.. The oil will pump and food will grow.. You are the doomsday sayer.. Ya it would have been really shit for a bit but it is better then this.. this is like cancer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czcUmnsprQI[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman
      God that was about as long as the health bill.. you democrats and jarble..

The farmers will wake up tomorrow and run the plow.. The oil will pump and food will grow.. You are the doomsday sayer.. Ya it would have been really shit for a bit but it is better then this.. this is like cancer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czcUmnsprQI[/YOUTUBE]
      The farmer will not run the plough if he has no money to buy the seed and maintain the equipment and if consumers don,t have the cash to buy the product.

The oil wells will not pump if the firms that pump it can't get money to run the pumps and pay their employees and if demand for oil drops because consumers lack money and cut back.

You should read what I wrote. There is a reason why most credible financial experts and professionals are concerned about these kinds of scenarios in the financial system irrespective of their opinions on government intervention.
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

What is credible?? Does that mean that they are on TV? Gerald Celente and Peter Schiff have been screaming at the top of their lungs for years now that the Federal Reserve and the Treasury have been doing everything wrong. Nobody is more credible than those two. Schiff was right about the housing collapse and gerald has been right on many, many issues. What about max Keiser? Is he not credible? Jim rogers, Marc Faber?.. No.. Who do you have in your corner?

Who are these mysterious "most credible" people that you speak of?? Larry Summers, Ben Bernanke, Geithner perhaps?? Well they are wrong every week. They said unemployment wouldn't reach 10%. They said the US wasn't in a recession.

Myself and many noble, and credible economists, strenuously disagree with you. So you are pro stimulus in the future then I suspect. You have no problem with moral hazard and that nobody has gone to jail for this?

Show me one instance in history where a gov't could spend their way out of a debt problem.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Does that mean that they are on TV?
          You always say that, makes me wonder wtf Canadian TV must be like

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

because you guys never give me an answer.. It is difficult to debate someone when they tell you that Superman told them.. I always give concrete answers backed with credibility..

Comment

• Miroslav
              • Apr 2006

What is credible?? Does that mean that they are on TV? Gerald Celente and Peter Schiff have been screaming at the top of their lungs for years now that the Federal Reserve and the Treasury have been doing everything wrong. Nobody is more credible than those two. Schiff was right about the housing collapse and gerald has been right on many, many issues. What about max Keiser? Is he not credible? Jim rogers, Marc Faber?.. No.. Who do you have in your corner?
              Name just about any PhD economics professor at any major university and most investment finance professionals. Most of them are in "my corner". And none of them will tell you that a do-nothing strategy would have produced "emergency loans" from generous banks and a quick economy recovery.

Who are these mysterious "most credible" people that you speak of?? Larry Summers, Ben Bernanke, Geithner perhaps?? Well they are wrong every week. They said unemployment wouldn't reach 10%. They said the US wasn't in a recession.
              I don't know what Summers, Bernanke, and Geithner specifically said about unemployment and recession, but I suspect that you're ad libbing here because your claim doesn't make much sense. If these guys felt that there was no recession and that the economy was doing alright, then why did they end up pushing for government bailouts of failing banks, insurance companies, and car companies? Just because they were bored? Every economist on the planet has been saying for quite a while by now that we've been in a deep recession. And lots of economists that I've heard everywhere have been saying that unemployment would go well over 10% well into 2010. So it sounds like you're raising a straw man argument here.

Myself and many noble, and credible economists, strenuously disagree with you. So you are pro stimulus in the future then I suspect. You have no problem with moral hazard and that nobody has gone to jail for this?

Show me one instance in history where a gov't could spend their way out of a debt problem.
              Actually, I don't favor the stimulus spending, and I never suggested that the government could "spend its way out of a debt problem". But being in favor of the bailouts (reluctantly) under the prevailing conditions of the time and being in favor of stimulus spending are two completely separate things. Once the immediate threat of systemic collapse is averted, I favor simply giving time for the consumer and businesses to realize losses and get back to recovery. That will take a long while, and there isn't much else to do. In fact, additional government spending at this point on top of what we've already had to spend during the emergency period is counterproductive and will end up probably delaying economic growth.

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

Just what I thought you couldn't name anybody.. Also try the private sector for your research.. Government eco's and University profs tend to be biased considering all the grant money..

Comment

• Miroslav
                  • Apr 2006

You can look it up yourself. Do a Google search, they're not hard to find.

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

Mish thinks we are in a Depression right now with 1 in 6 being on food stamps in the US. He says it won't look like the last depression as far as food lines. You will see more food stamps, personal bankruptcy's up, hell Fannie Mae is now the World's largest landlord. Listen to what he has to say....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8SB5lTF49A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

In a couple years everyone will work for the government. Think about it

US gov't owns the largest Car maker
                    US gov't is taking over Health Care at 8 pm tonight
                    US gov't is the largest landlord in the world through Fannie
                    US will be paying Unemployment Benefits

You watch mandatory service to the state is next..

Comment

• yesme
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Dec 2006

1. our collapse was designed.

2. free market capitalism does not exist.

3. you can not run a linear system (capitalism) on a finite planet forever.

Comment

Working...