X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

CoCreateInstance Error

does anyone know what this error is or why I keep getting it every single time when my computer boots up :S

-e-
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

no clue. i get some weird shit happening too each time i restart. something about WildTangent.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

WildTangent - just like I like my drinks
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Holy shit Jib, I've got that WildTangent BS on my computer. I've been able to stop it from coming up after every reboot but I still see it in the Control Panel. Talking to some of my coworkers the other day and it turns out it's on some of the work PCs as well. Have no idea where it came from or wtf it does.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I know about wild tangent, its a little POS app that gets installed by some sites that host games. Guess you guys are playing to much tetris at work.

But yea, I have removed every single instance of it on my computer, files, registry entries, and yet it still comes up in the control panel.

Jib, you can fix your error during reboot by going start, run, type in msconfig, and then go to the startup tab. Then click on the box next to the file that is referencing wild tangent and it wont boot up anymore. You can probably get rid of a lot of crap in there, but be careful.

-e- are you running an SQL database on your comp? I'm pretty sure thats an SQL error. But you should find a MS SQL file somewhere with the following code:

HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance (__uuidof(MessageEvents), NULL,
          CLSCTX_ALL, __uuidof(IMessageEvents), (void**) &pse);

returns hr = 0x800401f0, CO_E_FIRST

Try calling CoIntialize before calling CoCreateInstance. I did a quick google search and didn't find much else.
          "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

you guys are a bunch of nerds that do not know what you are talking about ...

Two thumbs up - I recently switched to WPX Hosting and recommend their speed, service and security - they do know what they are talking about when it comes to WordPress hosting.

xoxoxox - mega nerd.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• TomTom
              Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
              • May 2002

Re: CoCreateInstance Error

Originally posted by Encryption
              does anyone know what this error is or why I keep getting it every single time when my computer boots up :S

-e-

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Is this what you mean?

Comment

• influx
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

yeah i think wildtangent is bundled with the recent releases of AIM. i'm pretty sure you can just uninstall thru add/remove programs... if not, then definitely follow directions in asdf_admin's link =)
                i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  Double hoodie beer monster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Encryption

-e-
                  [http://mercuryengine.com]
                  :wink:

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

I dont know why I keep getting this... I dont have DQL server installed on the machine

-e-
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Paul Louth
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

The CoCreateInstance problem is a COM error, something is trying to instantiate a COM object but failing. Possibly a an installation failed? Or an upgraded common DLL?
                      soundcloud.com/paullouth
                      https://www.facebook.com/waterwalklondon
                      www.4four.org

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

I have noticed that I get this error after I install Yahoo Messenger

0e0
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Chris Micali
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Jun 2004

Paul is right, it's a COM object that's failing to initialize. Without knowing more i'd put my money on spyware. Run this:

Get your free download of Spybot – Search & Destroy for Windows operating systems. This Version is provided for users of Windows 7 and newer!

I use it once a month at least

Comment

• thesightless
                            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                            • Jun 2004

micali making a post, been awhile. keep the tunes coming man.
                            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...