X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • funkykarma
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2006

Phil Kieran in Dubai tonight.....

.....should be an interesting night, a bit different, nice to go out once in a while for some pure banging techno and I do like some of his Alloy Mental stuff......will be in a smaller, more intimate club with a Funktion 1 sound system, so could be really good.....the man Mo G will be joining us as well, report to follow.....

Oh and the promoter of this night has told me that he has a recording of Christian Smith from the Rooftop a couple of weeks ago, so will try and post that once he hooks me up!
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Phil Kieran in Dubai tonight.....

^^ sounds good ... wouldn't mind the Christian Smith set !

Have a great night boys.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

^ agreed Phil should drop some serious club techno, have a good one.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• chanty
        John, John, where art thou!
        • Jun 2004

Sounds great...have fun!
        Trying to decide if I should go and see M.A.N.D.Y tonight. Any thoughts anyone?
        Listened to a 20min sampler of cd 1 and 15min of cd 2 of the Renaissance mix but it's not swaying me either way.
        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• funkykarma
          Gold Gabber
          • Jan 2006

Chanty check out the MANDY Transitions mix it's superb and you should definitely go see them.....

Well an uncharacteristically early report as I'm off the booze for a couple of weeks so not off my face LOL.....Being a bit overworked these past few weeks, I decided to have a quick lie-down at 9 30 and planned to be up and out the door by 10 30 and meet up with Dzone outside the club, only to wake up and find out it was bloody 11 35 and Phil was due to start at 12 (Si will vouch for my Sasha-esque tardiness by the way :-).....finally got there by 5 to 1 and met up with Dzone who was not impressed with the warm-up DJ, bit too airy-fairy.....when Phil finally came on at 1 (so glad I didn't miss a single moment of his), it was all worth it.....the first hour was a nice build-up, like you are indoors and the storm wind's rattling your window, and then in the second hour you're in the middle of the storm, some proper, devastating, earth-shattering techno, the last few tracks were mind-warping, EVIL sh*t, proper banging stuff, Dzone too bad you had to leave early, the second hour was phenomenal, completely lost myself in the music which is the best thing ever, sadly Dubai clubs shut down at 3 am, but all I can say is if Phil Kieran is playing in a club near you, miss him at your peril, especially if he's going to play a long set, which will take you to some crazy, crazy places......excellent night, sound system was proper, nice, small, intimate venue and I must say it's refreshing (and light on the pocket haha) to be off the liquor sometimes!

Will try and get that Christian set soon for y'all

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by funkykarma
            Si will vouch for my Sasha-esque tardiness by the way :-)
            I really shouldn't comment !!!

But if you meet up with Vish take a tip from the Deta Heavy DVD and give him an RV time at least an hour before you intend to meet
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• funkykarma
              Gold Gabber
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by simonr
              I really shouldn't comment !!!

But if you meet up with Vish take a tip from the Deta Heavy DVD and give him an RV time at least an hour before you intend to meet
              There you go Although know that I now that you may need to add a +1 to that Si LOLLLL

Comment

• Dzone
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2004

Nice report Vish....i had to go home early tho...fatherhode and all !!
                I can comments of the warm-up DJ who i tot in the start to be one of the kitchen staff...he was cookin up some CD's i guess rather than mixing.
                Phil was getting there before i leave ( around 2 am) it was a bit to techno for me tast, but i guess the 2nd hr was good stuff (based on vish report)
                Off to see Jimpster @ 360 in an hr...will report back when i can if i could :P
                ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

Working...