F*cked by the government (Climate Changing)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatalfelix
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

F*cked by the government (Climate Changing)

Everybody knows the whole "climate changing" campaign of the biggest countries in the world, but it looks like it's one big lie in need of money. Here in Holland we have the co2 taxes on cars since last year, and everything is becomming worser and worser. Now they have started a plan to forbid normall lamps because of the power consumption and put the led-lights in the stores.There are also plans for more taxes on power consuming gear.

The craziest thing I've seen was a minister that was explaining the "global disaster" that was going to happen to us if we do nothing to stop the temperature rising. O my god, he had a big map with painted deserts everywhere in the world, it was almost funny. In the same show there were also a couple of experts that tried to tell the man that he doesn't knew the real facts but he just said that they were wrong, and that his "experts" are wright. It's just about the co2 taxes and the money.... politics .

Today I saw some interesting articles, and it seems like they're finally screwed:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I really hope this is reaching the news, but I think it's gonna be a big "hide away". The files are btw on the internet. Almost 62MB of mails.

or
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309710046/FOI2009.zip

Be warned though (just in case) that the right file is 61.9 MB big and its MD5 checksum is da2e1d6c453e0643e05e90c681eb1df4
    Other versions may have been modified or filled with viruses.
    "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
  • fatalfelix
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Re: F*cked by the government (Climate Changing)

There are so many mails in it, but here's a selection of some interesting ones:

0926010576.txt * Mann: working towards a common goal
    1189722851.txt * Jones: “try and change the Received date!”
    0924532891.txt * Mann vs. CRU
    0847838200.txt * Briffa & Yamal 1996: “too much growth in recent years makes it difficult to derive a valid age/growth curve”
    0926026654.txt * Jones: MBH dodgy ground
    1225026120.txt * CRU’s truncated temperature curve
    1059664704.txt * Mann: dirty laundry
    1062189235.txt * Osborn: concerns with MBH uncertainty
    0926947295.txt * IPCC scenarios not supposed to be realistic
    0938018124.txt * Mann: “something else” causing discrepancies
    0939154709.txt * Osborn: we usually stop the series in 1960
    0933255789.txt * WWF report: beef up if possible
    0998926751.txt * “Carefully constructed” model scenarios to get “distinguishable results”
    0968705882.txt * CLA: “IPCC is not any more an assessment of published science but production of results”
    1075403821.txt * Jones: Daly death “cheering news”
    1029966978.txt * Briffa – last decades exceptional, or not?
    1092167224.txt * Mann: “not necessarily wrong, but it makes a small difference” (factor 1.29)
    1188557698.txt * Wigley: “Keenan has a valid point”
    1118949061.txt * we’d like to do some experiments with different proxy combinations
    1120593115.txt * I am reviewing a couple of papers on extremes, so that I can refer to them in the chapter for AR4
    "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

I stopped going to the politics forum because of ridiculous climate change denier posts like this . This doesn't belong in GYY

As you say , POLITICS!!! so take it there !!!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

^ so sensitive!
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• In-SighT
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

I agree, climate change is a bunch of shit..

if we (America) go through with cap and trade, our economy will go from bad to absolute horseshit...

thanks Al Gore
          "A man has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer."

Want Spoon'n music?
          Check out my downtempo mixes
          http://ryanlinneman.podOmatic.com

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
            ^ so sensitive!
            With very fucking good reasons

Talk about you lot fiddling while Rome burns !!
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Garrick
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

truce!! no harm meant i was just pokin at ya.
              Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

climate change is real.. Unfortunetly it is mother nature (aka The Sun) doing it, not us.. People perceive deniers as pro-polluters which is because they are brainwashed by the propaganda. Polluting and climate change are two different things. If you go to Politics I just posted emails that were hacked from top climatologists showing that it is a scam. Deniars are equal to people that used to believe the world is flat.

Didi he can talk about whatever he wants here.. It's GYY if it's on his mind then let him speak.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

My god , it's an invasion !! He says this is politics, therefore that is where it should be, that's what the politics forum is for .!! How hard is that to work out. ??? Even the title screams politics !! The only reason he would bring it up here is to get a bigger audience for his highly inflammatory postings.

Why spoil it for the rest of us. ??

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

ok..makes sense.. I'm just sayin.. he thought it was a big deal..

Comment

• fatalfelix
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2008

Didi, I´m sorry that I posted it here in GYY. The main anthem was suppose to be the `climate changing`, not politics. And the climate changing is important for us all, so I thought I could post it in the GYY.

Anyway, there was also another thread in the politics section, so this one can be moved, combined or removed.

Comment

• bobjuice
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

You may well be right that Global Warming/climate change/world destruction is nothing but an invention to create cash for governments, but please don't kid yourself the planet is in great shape and we can all just carry on in ignorance as we have done since the industrial revolution. We can't.

We are fucking things up left, right and centre. The people who care are often just shouted down by those that don't.
                        Pollution may or may not be causing the changes in temperature discussed, but does that make it right to pollute regardless?
                        Of course not. Couple that with the fact that we are cutting out the planet's lungs and you have serious problems which need to be faced up to now. The planet may well absorb all the damage we are doing to it and recover but it probably fucking won't. It may be 100 years before it all goes tits up, it may be 10. You may not even care? I do.

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

what we should be discussing as well is the affects of pollution on the human body....But that would make the major corporations liable for damages.. no, no lets go after the little guy!!

Comment

• Miroslav
                            WHOA I can change this!1!
                            • Apr 2006

Runningman has a good point on this. The evidence of climate change is there, but determining the cause(s) of the changes is not so straightforward.
                            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• fatalfelix
                              Platinum Poster
                              • May 2008

The overal temperature from the last 10 years was 0.4 degrees lower, that's a fact. I know that 10 years is like peanuts, but it prooves that the politics are talking nonsense when they say that it's rising and rising in the last years.

What we can see now is that the summers are becomming a bit hotter and the winters are about one month longer = compensation.

I can't denie that there's ice melting, but that's because of the sweet water from the mountains. There is floating more sweet water into the see these days and that creates some floating routes under the water. Because of that the ice beneath the water will dissapear slowly, but this circle of more ice, less ice is circling around for milions of years.

The politics are making abuse of this fact. They say that the ice is melting above the water because of the temperature rising, but that's bull shit. It's melting beneath the water, and we can't do a thing about that.

Comment

Working...