• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zigh0
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2006

Re: James Zabiela or 16 Bit Lolitas !!!

Originally posted by funkykarma
    I saw them play a stormer at the Balaton Sound festival in Hungary)
    one of the best festivals ive been to..i saw Cattaneo there in 2007
    Buzzer

Comment

• Dzone
      Platinum Poster
      • Jul 2004

A colleague of mine gave me the lowdown on Zabiela's set that night, says his performance was a technical masterclass with a lot of scratching and fx (no surprise really), including instant effect creation of the MC's voiceovers, the most interesting thing is that he came on at 1 and played till (believe it or not Mo) 4, which is completely uncharacteristic in Dubai.......also interesting to see (not that I care, but the same trance-loving colleague tells me) that Armin will play till 5 am on New Year's Day......is Dubai thinking of novel ways to recoup their debt?

On the radar here for the next few weeks: Silicone Soul (well, at least one of the guys, which I'm gutted to be missing, I saw them play a stormer at the Balaton Sound festival in Hungary), Scarlett Etienne, Pete Tong, Dave Seaman etc.
      Till 4 !! that's new..but could be good news as well, let them cash in i would say.
      Looking back, i was sure JZ would been a better option, but i wanted to see 16BL as i have not seen them before.

Silicone Soul are high on the list with all time fav Mr. Seaman...... do you have the dates vish ? will you be in uk ?
      ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• dusk
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

A colleague of mine gave me the lowdown on Zabiela's set that night, says his performance was a technical masterclass with a lot of scratching and fx (no surprise really), including instant effect creation of the MC's voiceovers, the most interesting thing is that he came on at 1 and played till (believe it or not Mo) 4, which is completely uncharacteristic in Dubai.......
        Wow, sounds like a terrific night. I'd hate to have missed JZ if I was in the area
        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• funkykarma
          Gold Gabber
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dzone
          Till 4 !! that's new..but could be good news as well, let them cash in i would say.
          Looking back, i was sure JZ would been a better option, but i wanted to see 16BL as i have not seen them before.

Silicone Soul are high on the list with all time fav Mr. Seaman...... do you have the dates vish ? will you be in uk ?
          SS are this Thursday mate, Dave on the 17th if I'm not mistaken.....traveling back home tomorrow for a few days so will miss Silicone and will be in UK from the 11th.......saw Dave at MOS in September and he proper tore it up before Danny, don't miss him

Comment

• Dzone
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

I had a ward with Dan and SS is not happening as they did not get the "DJ permtion" from the gov before the holiday !!
            have fun Geeza and let me know if you need help in london

Comment

• funkykarma
              Gold Gabber
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dzone
              I had a ward with Dan and SS is not happening as they did not get the "DJ permtion" from the gov before the holiday !!
              have fun Geeza and let me know if you need help in london
              Fo sho .....will be calling you anyway once I'm back from the homeland for a catch-up.....

Dave's on the 18th by the way mate.....and the Sanctuary posters from a few weeks that promised a 'BIG SURPRISE' for the weekend of December 11th? Turns out it's none other than.....erm.....DJ JOJO (?)

Comment

• Dzone
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2004

Fo sho .....will be calling you anyway once I'm back from the homeland for a catch-up.....

Dave's on the 18th by the way mate.....and the Sanctuary posters from a few weeks that promised a 'BIG SURPRISE' for the weekend of December 11th? Turns out it's none other than.....erm.....DJ JOJO (?)
                bollox, just found out the dave will be playing @ Sanctuary.... I am defo NOT going.
                I guess i will check out 360 or Gabrial Sordo on the 11 of Dec.

Comment

Working...