X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Where there's a hit there's a writ: Plagiarism in electronic music

Hip-hop was largely built on stealing music from others. But in electronic music, it's a slightly different story. RA's Richard Brophy takes a look at some of the issues involved with sampling, stealing and much more.

This is in the new RA newsletter this week. Haven't read it yet, but the title looks good, you guys might like it.
  • Funky Dredd
    Are you Kidding me??
    • May 2005

Re: Where there's a hit there's a writ: Plagiarism in electronic music

Pretty good article. I can't tell you how many times I have heard a riff being sampled over and over. Especially back in the old skool days, but back then it seemed as though everything was fair game!
    Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• chanty
      John, John, where art thou!
      • Jun 2004

There are way more options now for sampling and plagiarism. Most of the younguns today don't realize that their hip hop anthems are mostly someone elses creative piece of work steming from pretty much any genre of music from way back when. Take Elton John for example. The guy is a musical genuius imo, a fag and totally effin weird in a great way. Do the younguns know that? Do they know that their favorite rapper is rapping to the sample of Elton John? Probably not, but I'm sure our parents said the exact same thing when bands started copying The Beatles. I'm sure the reason it's not been done yet is no one can near afford the rights to Beatles samples and they would get sued up the wassuu. I can understand the allure of the music from days gone by...there's some incredible music out there and I'd want to bring it back too...but come on, put a good spin on it please and I know it's all subjective.
      Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• chanty
        John, John, where art thou!
        • Jun 2004

Hmm hm...sorry got a little off topic.
        Sampling and plagiarism don't just affect the house ( and all of it's subgenres ). So I went into popular music there.
        I have heard many riffs, basslines, drum patterns, weird synth sounds and melodies ripped of said house tunes as well. Who can blame them when it's really good? The pioneers are the ones that make us drool!
        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

danny tenaglia must be PISSED!
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

Working...