X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottpuig
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jan 2005

When help is needed I turn to....MS

I am trying to get this residency at a very upscale place in town and one of the nights I will possibly have to play on is there Lady's Night. Now no problem so far, except they want me to play lounge type stuff. OK???? He said stuff like was put out on 18th St.lounge label. Well I looked there and the last thing they released was like in Feb. of 05.

I need help. I can play most anything but I have no idea where to find this sfuff.

If anyone out there has a clue PLEASE help a fellow ms'er out

I am dying to get this job b/c It will give me the chance to actually get in somewhere and slowly try to move this crowd/town in a more forward direction with my music.

Any chance we get to play music we normaly don't play I think it makes you a better DJ.

I know that some of you are saying why bother if you don't know/like the music.
    I am pretty free to play what I want to an extent on different night. Plus the chance to influence this crowd to listen to different stuff

thanks friends
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: When help is needed I turn to....MS

Lounge stuff for ladies ... house, deep house? Naked Music? Miguel Migs? Ben Watt? Kruder Dorfmeister?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• scottpuig
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jan 2005

yea I got alot of Miguel Migs tonight ben as well is there a label that is crankin it out on a regular yoshi has a little. I just don't play this stuff.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

check outthe Sci Fi Lo Fi series on SOMA records for inspiration;

also Gene Farris and Glenn Underground
        also some resident advisor mixes for inspiration

e.g. 175 132

have fun
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Mr.Big
          Platinum Poster
          • Nov 2004

Stick this on repeat for two hours, them bitches won't know the difference with all there yapping.. haha

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywyCwZRT61g[/YOUTUBE]
          www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
          Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• RiseandShine
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Sep 2006

if it's the 18th st lounge in DC then you need to go more in the direction of thievery corporation (they manage that label)
            They associated to a lot of diff artists so you would need to go on a youtube crusade but they have tons of god stuff
            check their latest albums, and - hate to say that - but you could also check some tunes on the latest costes compilation
            If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is: infinite. - William Blake

Comment

Working...